My first engine swap build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    cool... it must be because im awesome lol... how much longer till its all done?
    You are awesome !! How much longer until its done ? I bet everyone who hasnt already unsubscribed to this thread is wondering the same thing. Probably getting old by now. If Im nothing else, I'm thorough. Id say easily within a month. Thinking about taking a stab at FOTM sometime after Ive got it all perfected to my satifaction, although I havent had much luck with FOTM in the past. I would have had the interior done today then I remembered I need to rebuild the spare tire cover. Then it dawned on me that since I now have the 4 X 100 bolt pattern I also dont have an aspire donut spare. I need to get one of those before I start driving it. I did get my B6 VAF from FestivaWes today ( Thanks Wes !! ) so Ill probably install it tomorrow.

sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
      Thinking about taking a stab at FOTM sometime after Ive got it all perfected to my satifaction, although I havent had much luck with FOTM in the past.
      you should submit this car anyways once your done, i am very impressed with the work you have done and you got a great story here :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Thanks Kid, I will. Ordered a set of these today. Should arrive the 12th. Since the J/Y charged me $13 per tire went I got my $5 per rim steelies I can return the four old tire for $52 worth of store credit at the J/Y.

Last edited by freshtiva; 05-08-2009, 10:45 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• B6 VAF on and new mahogany spare tire cover.

sigpic

Comment

• Some shots with the interior back in, think maybe Ill go over the seats one more time.

sigpic

Comment

• Looks factory fresh...
              Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

• I thought the sport interior was going in? But otherwise, very nice fresh!
                -Josh R

Comment

• Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                  I thought the sport interior was going in? But otherwise, very nice fresh!
                  Oh no, red diagonal stripes in a blue car ? The sport interior will go into Freshtiva or Redford. Im leaning towards Freshtiva when I do the other red on white upgrades. Its going to be hot !!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Tires arrived today. Thats a stock festiva size in the middle. Only a slight height difference. Big width difference. Alignment tomorrow maybe if time allows.

sigpic

Comment

• they look good

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• If you have a TomTom, or know somebody who has one, borrow it, and use it to adjust your speedometer to your actual speed. Those taller will have you going faster than what your speedo says. My TomTom has a digital speedometer and it is nuts on.
                        ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                        #2 .....Cheesehead
                        #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                        #4 .....Montana Project
                        SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                        Bought her back for $450
                        Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

• I havent updated since four days ago. The improvements continue though. Getting all the bugs worked out and the car is going to be sweeeeeet ! Got the factory air working yesterday, blows cold !! Tires on, aligned, squeaks addressed, brake lines replaced...... its all coming togather. 250 miles on it since I reset the tripometer and started driving it. Yesterday I pull on to the interstate to see how it ran at hwy speeds, drove one mile and got stuck in a traffic jam for almost an hour . Got off at the next exit seven miles away. The car never even got close to heating up. Flushed the cooling system anyway. Ive got a belt squeak yet but its because I was given the wrong alt belt and put an old glazed one on temporarily . Ill fix that tomorrow. Im having real good feelings about this car now !!! The sumitomos are awesome !!

This is the way festivas should have come stock !!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Oh yeah, swapped out the full center console and tach cluster for some nicer ones I had but had forgot about. Also had a rear wheel cyclinder leak, so put two new ones ones on. Replaced all rear wheel bearings and races. Also started doing some serious detail cleaning of the ( factory tinted )windows, seals. headliner, door jams, etc.
                            Last edited by freshtiva; 05-17-2009, 12:14 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• sounds like its comming along nice then

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• That is awesome man looks sweet, just one question are you going to paint the rest of the panals to match the back ones? Just wondering because they look really good in the pics. I tried to do mine black but they just didnt look good so im wondering about maybe a dark grey.

Comment

Working...
                                X