X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• covers something up too. I like them
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      covers something up too. I like them
      Haha, yeah, that huge dent that I didn't bother with on the front driver's side! I also like the fact that it covers that pinch weld/jack lip that I think is so ugly!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• Did you have to modify them to fit?
        Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
          Did you have to modify them to fit?
          All I had to do was cut them to size and use the mounting brackets that were on the contour. This was the only set I could find at the jy and one of them was ripped at the end (luckily I needed to cut that portion off anyway). You also have to drill some holes in the festy to mount the brackets, otherwise they won't be secure at the top
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• Did you just cut off a portion on the back end? They look very slick, I might have to try to find a set of these for my car.
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Nice looking skirts Cody I think they look better than the SVT ones would have for sure.

I also chuckled a little inside because I put the sport package on the GL (Contour) that I had. Irony.
              -Caleb
              Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
              So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                Did you just cut off a portion on the back end? They look very slick, I might have to try to find a set of these for my car.
                Yeah, a portion of one of them was all smashed up and torn already so I ALMOST didn't get them because of that. I figured out I was gonna have to cut off even more so it would work out anyway. Even though I cut off a good bit, both ends still have that nice bulge at the bottom. The only problem is the ends near the rear don't have caps to keep stuff from gettting inside, but that will be fixed later

Comment

• Looking Good!! :thumbright:
                  Does that fact that you're showing the Hulk some love mean you are over the whole notion of getting rid of him??

BTW, the correct answer to that question is "Hell Yes!!!!!!!"

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

• Yeah, until I took the car to get inspected today, and failed HORRIBLY! Lets go through a list of stuff I now have to fix to pass inspection...
                    1. Need 4 new tires
                    2. Remove illegal tint from windows
                    3. Tail lights need red or orange turn signals
                    4. Need a tag light
                    5. Need an exhaust
                    Most of this stuff is an easy fix. Just gotta wire up the tag light, remove the window tint, swap out tail lights or bulbs maybe. The big thing is getting new tires...I priced some cheap ones and that's still gonna be $300+, and I'm not getting my exhaust put on til the end of the month! I need this stuff done so my car won't get towed from my apt. complex. Hulk mad!!

Comment

• On the drivers side you only cut on one side? It looks very smooth up at the front wheel in the pic. Did you sand them and repaint them with satin paint or sopmething? This info should go into that "what non-festiva stuff fits my car" thread.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                        On the drivers side you only cut on one side? It looks very smooth up at the front wheel in the pic. Did you sand them and repaint them with satin paint or sopmething? This info should go into that "what non-festiva stuff fits my car" thread.
                        Yeah, I only cut the rear off of each side. So now I don't have that finished "end cap" portion on the rears, only on the fronts. I could have cut them in the middle and grafted them together to keep both end caps, but one of them was already torn on one end, so I made them work best I could. I'll probably just fiberglass some end caps on them soon. I also sanded them down and slapped on some flat black paint to match the front and rear lips

Comment

• Well looks good how you have it so far. Makes it pop and matches the front and rear better. And you were gonna sell this thing? No way! Get a CHEAP exhaust on it and go find your BP. Cheap because with the new engine you'll change it anyway! Maybe you can borrow a local festy exhaust that bolts on and off?
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Well I think I've got the inspection taken care of for now. I do need to get some better tires on this thing though.

Comment

• congratulations!
                              The Ford Festiva is of great ... what year is the car? has 4 or 5-speed

greetings!

Comment

• Originally posted by monasterio_drums View Post
                                congratulations!
                                The Ford Festiva is of great ... what year is the car? has 4 or 5-speed

greetings!
                                Haha, thanks! It's a 91 5spd. Guess I should update this thread while I'm at it. Met up with Mark (Zanzer) and Brad (Sensei) over the weekend. They put brand new tires on my new wheels, put in new rear wheel bearings, new brake shoes and brake cylinders too. We were going to meet up the next day to work on the exhaust but disaster struck on my way home. Blew the head gasket! Mark was awesome enough to pick me up and take me the rest of the way home and he also went back later to tow the car to his house. I'm now looking for a b8 to swap into it because we think there may be more wrong than just a blown head gasket.

Comment

Working...
                                X