No announcement yet.

Festiva progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ It's never a good sign when the compression from cylinders #2 and #3 are pushing water out the top of the radiator and cylinder #4 only has 90psi

We've got our fingers crossed that you find a good B8. Brad and I have been talking about how cool it will be to do a swap
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Originally posted by zanzer View Post
      ^^ It's never a good sign when the compression from cylinders #2 and #3 are pushing water out the top of the radiator and cylinder #4 only has 90psi
      my friend blew the head gasket so bad in the v8 quad we built that after sitting for a bit all the water was gone in the rad... then we fill it up and we could slowly watch it go down... then we try to crank it over and it goes VERY VERY VERY slooooooow... we couldnt figgure out what was wrong untill water started pouring out the turbo!!! LOL.... we had a made a v8 water pump lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
        Another small update. Went to the JY today looking for anything cool. Stumbled on a car that had a pretty nice front bumper that kinda reminded me of the ATH kit. I decided to get it, and spent the day making it fit the festy. Took me all day, but I think it turned out awesome! I still need to make some brackets or something, but it fits great and I was even able to use the lower mounting brackets. Not sure what I'm gonna do about the bumper signals. One of them was missing but they wouldn't fit properly anyway due to the festy bumper support being in the way. I think I'll stop back by the yard tomorrow and pick up the rear bumper too. They should look really good when painted. Also test fitted my clear kia pride corner lights, they still need to be wired up though. Enjoy!

hello again
        I wanted to see, that specific car .. did you get that bumper that is fabulous, and I would love to have him in my ford festiva .. if you could be kind enough to provide the information ....

in advance thank you very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by monasterio_drums View Post
          hello again
          I wanted to see, that specific car .. did you get that bumper that is fabulous, and I would love to have him in my ford festiva .. if you could be kind enough to provide the information ....

in advance thank you very much!
          I think you're asking what car I got the front and rear bumpers off of....if so, they are from an Isuzu stylus 90-93. It requires a bit of modification to fit
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I think you're asking what car I got the front and rear bumpers off of....if so, they are from an Isuzu stylus 90-93. It requires a bit of modification to fit
            if it was exactly what I was wondering .......
            shame that in Chile is very little isuzu stylus, you have some notion of some bumper that looks like the isuzu stylus and to make my ford festiva?
            Last edited by monasterio_drums; 02-10-2010, 07:50 PM.

Comment

if it was exactly what I was wondering .......
              shame that in Chile is very little isuzu stylus, you have an idea of some bumper that looks like the isuzu stylus and to make my ford festiva?
              Lot's of other bumpers can be made to fit. There are guys on here with civic and crx bumpers and one guy that has a subaru impreza bumper(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...=subaru&page=2 ninth post down for pics). It all depends on how much work you're willing to do
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Lot's of other bumpers can be made to fit. There are guys on here with civic and crx bumpers and one guy that has a subaru impreza bumper(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...=subaru&page=2 ninth post down for pics). It all depends on how much work you're willing to do
                The bumper of the Subaru Impreza is not like me ......
                has no class, which gives .... yours is wonderful ... why my idea is to find a bumper that looks pretty to yours ..........

Comment

The bumper of the Subaru Impreza is not like me ......
                  has no class, which gives .... yours is wonderful ... why my idea is to find a bumper that looks pretty to yours ..........
                  Haha, thanks! All I did was walk around the junkyard looking at different bumpers that I liked and that I thought would fit. If there was something I liked and the junkyard also had a festiva I would test fit the bumpers while I was there to see how much work would need to be done

Comment

Haha, thanks! All I did was walk around the junkyard looking at different bumpers that I liked and that I thought would fit. If there was something I liked and the junkyard also had a festiva I would test fit the bumpers while I was there to see how much work would need to be done

luck finding yours ... just the nicest bumper forum!
                    estimate, which is your angle calculation to know that bumper is as far?

I do not want to buy to buy, want to go to secure the purchase ..
                    not spare the money to go buy a bumper all day ........
                    Finally thanks for all your help and advice I have been very useful ......

thanks thank you very much ...

Comment

• Unfortunately I still don't have any updates on the hulk, but since it's been down for a swap and my civic got stolen, I had to get a new car. Just figured I would post it here. I'm just keeping it as my dd until I can sell it (got the civic back from insurance and keeping it), and then I'll resume work on the hulk!

The miata daisy wheels have really grown on me. I just traded a set of crappy icw wheels for these already painted daisies with tires. I think I'll keep them to put on my civic and put the original wheels/tires back on the miata when I sell it.

Comment

• Show us a pic of the honda... and an updated pic of HULK....
                        www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                        www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                        Snoopy's
                        4621 Atlantic Ave
                        Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

• Take the drivetrain out of the miata and make it "stolen"
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                            Take the drivetrain out of the miata and make it "stolen"
                            I wouldn't mind if it were stolen at all! Insurance gave me more than I was expecting for the civic so maybe they'd do the same with the miata

Comment

• did you have to run spacers on the miata rims? what size tires you running? will they tuck or do they stick out a little? found a guy locally selling a clean set with 185/65/14s but i plan on cutting my springs 2 1/2 coils in the front and 2 in the rear, think they will rub?
                              if i wanted a hummer.......i'd ask your wife!

Comment

• Originally posted by shane4585 View Post
                                did you have to run spacers on the miata rims? what size tires you running? will they tuck or do they stick out a little? found a guy locally selling a clean set with 185/65/14s but i plan on cutting my springs 2 1/2 coils in the front and 2 in the rear, think they will rub?
                                No spacers with the miata wheels but you have to have the aspire swap to use them. Tires I had on them at the time were 185/65/14 but they were almost bald. Didn't stick out any or rub when I had the current suspension (aspire springs in front, festy front springs in rear) but I think I rubbed every now and then when I had cut festy springs front and rear. Pretty sure you'll rub with the mods you wanna do

Comment

Working...
                                X