BP swap time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP swap time

Well i have only had a festiva for half a year and the plan was only to use it as a winter car. After joining this fourm and about 20min of reading i wanted to swap the BP in. So this summer i started looking for a good BP and a F tranny with a cable clutch. A month or so later i found a 88 323 gt NA 1.6l the get the tranny and axels from. Them i got a BP with some nice compression numbers high 170s one was 160s i think due to sticking lifter. Time to post some pics i have a tone.

This was the car that was going to get the swap but i found one in even better shape.......

Here it is!

Now some pics of the parts.

and a hitch.....well im not going to use it..

For the engine we sealed it and changed Tbelt.

Friend who was helpeing the whole time.

B3 is out.

yay

End of the weekend pics

Need to find smaller crank pulley

The all important front mount.

we still have to do a few little adjustments with rear mount.

More pics to come........
    BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Nice work. Keep it up/

Comment

Keep us update.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Nice work so far!! just so you know to install the 323 GT cluster you need to do a lot of wiring and trimming to get it to fit nicely

Last edited by Damkid; 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

cant wait till i do one nice job so far man!

Comment

Well the past few days have been me just waiting for parts to come in. I took the bp crank pulley to get milled and the clutch should be in today. I only have one snag and thats the rear mount melted and came apart when it was getting welded. Has anyone tryed just welding it solid?

Comment

Horsepower!!! Go man go! Best of luck. We love the pics and more updates please!
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I actually drilled a hole through it and bolted the L bracket that attaches to the one bolt on the transmission to the base plate that bolts on the cross memeber. So it still has some rubber to reduce vibrations, but it is mostly solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                  I actually drilled a hole through it and bolted the L bracket that attaches to the one bolt on the transmission to the base plate that bolts on the cross memeber. So it still has some rubber to reduce vibrations, but it is mostly solid.
                  hmmm my plan now is to drill two holes through the bottom mount to hold the top metal to the rubber and bolt it. Ill get some pics tonight.

Comment

just fill it with window weld from 3m
                    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                    88? Parts car-sold
                    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Well last night i finished the mounts and now the engine is all supported by the mounts no more hoist. Also got my pulley back and clutch came in. Camera was dead so i will have pics for sure today lol.

Comment

Its been a bit but heres some new pics of the swap. The mounts are all done and all the wires are run to the ecu. We still have the shifter to shorten by an 1'' plus buy a few other little things like vac lines rad house ect.

engine ready to go in

I took the 323 shifter and cut it and the festivas pipe slid in with ease.
                        Last edited by postman101; 08-10-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

well i got the shifter on and it seems to be good only problem is the bushing that should havebeen where the shifter bolts on to the tranny is gone so there is some play. all vac lines and fuel lines are ready should be running tonight maybe...

Comment

IT LIVES but im waiting on a rad house that will be here tomorrow .

Comment

was your car efi? i was just woundering because i had to swap a harness into my car because it was carbed and i am having the biggest problem with it and i seen every one else doing it with efi cars and have no problems with electrical and i am having huge problems with electrical crap haha

Comment

Working...
                              X