BP swap time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya mine was efi no problems to report so far
    BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

Ya i'd have to say when doing a BP swap, starting with an EFI car is much much easier!

Congrats that you got it fired up!! :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

well i got some rad house so the car should be able to drive tonight on to the driveway. Also it will be time to look for bugs and small things that could be changed. Ill post pics and a vid or to later.

Comment

If your using the stock rad, then transfer the B3 T-stat housing onto the BP and you'd be able to use the B3 upper rad hose, just an idea for you

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^ What ? for real ? I need to try this.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              If your using the stock rad, then transfer the B3 T-stat housing onto the BP and you'd be able to use the B3 upper rad hose, just an idea for you
              an idea to late lol. I did get the car running after a few mods to the coolant lines all thats left is to get the intake set in place and let the car warm right up and see if i get a leak or somthing. Then the paln is to permit the car and drop it off at exhaust shop to get pipe welded on.

Comment

wow all you guys doing swaps and stuf here in chicago its very hard to find those parts ,ive been looking for the b6t swap but cant find anyone selling it,. ihave a question ,my brother has a honda civic and has a b16 on the garage not using ,i was wondering if a honda b16 swap is possible to do and those anyone know what things i have to do to make it fit my 93 festy? ty

Comment

it has been done and can be done it would be alot more work.

Comment

i wonder y? cause the engine is bigger and needs more space?

Comment

Because of wiring, axles etc. The festiva is a mazda. it has mazda wiring. The B6T is mazda.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
                        ^ What ? for real ? I need to try this.
                        well the T-stat housing on my BP was already installed and with it i was able to use the B3 upper rad hose and it worked perfect, my BP was also previously installed in a festiva before i got it which is why i assume its the B3 T-stat housing

Comment

Yep I used the B3 tstat housing on my festiva's BP also.
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                            Yep I used the B3 tstat housing on my festiva's BP also.
                            @$%#..... well that would have made life easyer.

Comment

if i remember i couldnt use the b3 t-sat housing cause it hit the disty. but i dont remember that well. i didn't use the stock rad either.
                              Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                              88? Parts car-sold
                              91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                              86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                              1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

well the intake is on and the car runs better now with all the vac leaks takencare of. All thats left is exhaust and i sware i will have pics soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X