No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the pass. side rail I'm making up and how it'll sit on the car (the drivers side will mirror this one as far as placement) I'm most likely gunna tie it into the frame rail but it will also be bolted to the floor with re-inforcements on the inside

And here's a pic of the bends I had to make to match the slope of the floor

Last edited by Damkid; 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• ^ I want a set. I've thought about that before. Good idea for anything over 100hp
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• ditto!
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Took me well over an hour to read this entire thread right from the beginning. The amount of time and effort that some of you guys (Damkid, you're definitely among them) devote to auto upgrade/custom projects is unbelievable!
          I'm looking forward to seeing, and hearing, the end product.

No doubt there are numerous less glamorous side-effects to mating non-OEM parts into a Festy. For instance could you hook up the speedo and get it to read OK or do you intend to rely on a tach for calibrated speeds?

Comment

• How much weight do you think you'll be adding with structural upgrades?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert View Post
              For instance could you hook up the speedo and get it to read OK or do you intend to rely on a tach for calibrated speeds?
              My speedo is dead on accurate

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Oh you don't just slap everything together and hope it works!?
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• 1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    My speedo is dead on accurate
                    Mine is closer with the g series and 15" wheels than my stock automatic Festiva with it's12" wheels according to my GPS, but they are both within 5mph at 75 which is more accurate than some other cars that I've owned. This is with the original festiva gauge too.
                    Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                    Oh you don't just slap everything together and hope it works!?
                    It worked for me. This is the easiest car I've tripled the horsepower in by far.

Chris, your going to need a trailer behind you to carry all the tires you'll need to bring to madness! Remember, you gotta save a little room for those trannies. :p you could give rides for tires, 1 tire a ride. I'll bring a couple Hoosier soft compounds, I want my ride to be a hair raiser.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Lmao Charlie!!

Anyways, coupler installed

It's just a little tight by the MAF lol

Then I hooked up a boost gauge and went for a rip........ my god the power is wild........ but on a bad note I think the turbo is toast, the car was smoking like crazy under load, so I'm looking into options there, hopefully it doesn't ruin the Madness trip

Comment

• Chris, are you running a 1.5 mm jet in the oil line into the turbo? If not then that is probably your issue. If a turbo doesn't have excessive shaft play then normally the " seals" won't leak unless there is another problem like too much oil pressure/ volume to the charger. Turbos are often blamed for oil consumption when it's actually not due to a failed turbo, but instead a miscalculation elsewhere in the system.
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-10-2012, 01:49 PM.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• 1.5mm jet? I'm kinda clueless so I'm guessing no I don't have one, can you fill me in a bit more?

Comment

• Also, you need water meth my friend.

Comment

• Turbos don't like high oil pressure/volume. It's common practice to install a 1.5mm restrictor fitting in the oil feed line ( usually where it enters the cartridge). For BB turbos use a 1 mm reducer, because they require even less oil.

Comment

• Turbochargers don't really have seals. They have thrust washers/carbon rings that use oil resistance against air pressure to keep the oil and air separate ( similar to a labyrinth seal). They are so simple that if the shaft play is within tolerance they will seal. When they are worn out it's normally due to the bushings wearing out.
                                If you still have oil consumption with the 1.5mm reducer, try a 1mm. Search these on eBay they are both very common.
                                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X