My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
    What all do you have to still do? Sure is close to the mc.
    For the MC, I'm either going to find a Millenia curved neck manifold, or buy a cobra head elbow that was posted earlier in the thread

-I still need to test my hydro to cable clutch adapter, as long as that works properly then i can mark that off the to-do list
    -I need to take care of some minor things on the engine itself, like the water pump outlet was broken off during the shipping of the engine and need to be changed, which involves taking the timing belt off and a few other small things
    -I might need to make a bit more clearance for the alternator
    -get a rad that fits
    -Wiring (not looking forward to that one)
    -exhaust

I think thats about it, well i hope at least

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• sounds super fun!
      Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
        sounds super fun!
        Good luck
        Thanks, i think most of the major things are complete now (except wiring)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          For the MC, I'm either going to find a Millenia curved neck manifold, or buy a cobra head elbow that was posted earlier in the thread
          It's too bad the chevy LS TB is so much bigger than the KL-ZE's, there's an '00-'07 truck intake elbow that's super tight at my shop.
          Every time I see these trucks under the hood I shake my head. you'd think they would find a better way to route the intake than straight into the rad shroud

but then, GM didn't go bankrupt by building high quality, well designed vehicles at competitive prices.

Comment

• Hey Chris. Just a thought, Why not get a master cylinder that has a remote reservoir? I've seen a few cars where the MC is there, and has lines to a tank elsewhere. I was just thinking move the MC instead of changing TBs.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
              Hey Chris. Just a thought, Why not get a master cylinder that has a remote reservoir? I've seen a few cars where the MC is there, and has lines to a tank elsewhere. I was just thinking move the MC instead of changing TBs.
              Thats definatly an option, do you know what cars had that? so i can look into it more

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                Thats definatly an option, do you know what cars had that? so i can look into it more
                If it were me I'd tap the stiva mc and screw in brass/steel barbs and run braided stainless lines to a reservoir mounted to the firewall.

Comment

• Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                  If it were me I'd tap the stiva mc and screw in brass/steel barbs and run braided stainless lines to a reservoir mounted to the firewall.
                  Yet another good idea, i will see if i can get a Millenia manifold and depending if i find one and the price of it when i do find one will depend on what route i go to make clearance

at this point there's lots of options and its just a matter of what i want to do lol

Comment

• if you need a millenia intake, i know there were a few at the jy here that i could get...
                    03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
                    92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
                    92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

• Originally posted by twiztid_killa View Post
                      if you need a millenia intake, i know there were a few at the jy here that i could get...
                      It has to be from the Japanese KLZE millenia. The US millenia has a different port size than the KLZE.
                      The Festiva Store
                      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                        It has to be from the Japanese KLZE millenia. The US millenia has a different port size than the KLZE.
                        Are you kidding me? any chance of porting the US Millenia manifold to match the ZE?

If not i guess i'll be either getting the Cobra head elbow or reloacating the resevoir

Comment

• That particular manifold is easy to come by as the probe guys don't want it. You can trade the straight neck KLZE manifold for the curve neck and maybe make a little money.
                          The Festiva Store

Comment

• Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                            That particular manifold is easy to come by as the probe guys don't want it. You can trade the straight neck KLZE manifold for the curve neck and maybe make a little money.
                            Thanks for the tip

Comment

• Here to help. Would be trying this swap myself if I didn't have more than a dozen vehicles and half of needing minor/major work.
                              The Festiva Store

Comment

• So i wanted to make the clearance for the alternator tonight and see how well the Probe rad fit in the festiva, the probe rad was actually a great fit, until the alternator was in place, the alt. stick out too far and pushed the rad too far forward to the point where it was causing big issues with the grille, so i got looking at the VW rad i was using with the B6T and figure it will be a much better fit

The little bracket the holds the trim piece in place actually hit the alternator so i cut it off and will be moving the bracket over by about 2 inches so i will still be secured to the body

So i need to make up some rad piping since the inlet and outlet are both on the drivers side of the rad and there is very very little clearance for the passenger side hose to squeeze between the frame and alt. belt, but it will clear, i already know how i'm going to run the pipes and once i got them made up, pics will follow
                                Last edited by Damkid; 02-04-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X