No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I can't wait to see this baby at the Spring Fling!

Go Chris GO!!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Are you running with the Festiva front sway bar or are you going to switch to the bigger Aspire one?
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• I vote aspire sway......
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
          Hehe this still sounds better than the N/A car maybe even the turbo cars
          High reving goodness
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ_R5MO7Vc
          N/A sounds great if done right!
          Event: JDM Street Madness 09Fecha: Sabado 11 Julio 2009Lugar: Mech Tech College Race Track, Ponce, Puerto RicoProducer: Primera Hora Street SeriesVideos by: ...

Sickest sounding V6 ever!

Comment

• ^^^ yup

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy4 View Post
              N/A sounds great if done right!
              Event: JDM Street Madness 09Fecha: Sabado 11 Julio 2009Lugar: Mech Tech College Race Track, Ponce, Puerto RicoProducer: Primera Hora Street SeriesVideos by: ...

Sickest sounding V6 ever!
              I beleive thats the same 323 in this video:

This is my all motor mazda 323 from PR with kl v6 2.5 engine individual throttle bodies and electromotive tec 3 and runing with pump fuel. 3 runs at carolina...

Thats what got me hooked on this swap that sound and speed

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
              Are you running with the Festiva front sway bar or are you going to switch to the bigger Aspire one?
              Once i have the rad piping made up, i don't think i'll have the room, so i plan on sticking with the festiva sway bar for now

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by IdealSociety View Post
                i wonder how well this whole setup would fit into an aspire by comparison.
                hopefully I'll be finding out shortly, a buddy of mine's truck broke down so I was helping him and another one of his friends asked if I was interested in a V6 for my car. He has a 95 626 that was T-boned but still runs great, it drives in circles though lol. He's practically giving me the car and its pretty low miles!
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                  hopefully I'll be finding out shortly, a buddy of mine's truck broke down so I was helping him and another one of his friends asked if I was interested in a V6 for my car. He has a 95 626 that was T-boned but still runs great, it drives in circles though lol. He's practically giving me the car and its pretty low miles!
                  Look what i've started :p but thats a great deal!!

Well here's how i modified the header to clear the steering rack, i cut the pipe bent it til i closed the gap and welded it back together

And when installed, theres now tons of clearance for the steering rack

But i went too far and now it doesn't clear my axle

So tomorrow i'll be moving it back towards the rack so it'll work

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Wow nice job!

Comment

• Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                      Wow nice job!
                      Too nice though :lol:

Comment

• Lol.... Happens some times. You can fix it and make it look good at same time!

Comment

• Just read the entire thread, Very Awesome Work
                          Tim
                          '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
                          '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
                          '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
                          '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
                          '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
                          '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
                          '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
                          '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

• i was thinking of posting that idea of making relief cuts and welding it but i figgured you where smart enought to figgure that out... looks like you where

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by damkid View Post
                              but i went too far and now it doesn't clear my axle

so tomorrow i'll be moving it back towards the rack so it'll work

doh!!!!
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                                i was thinking of posting that idea of making relief cuts and welding it but i figgured you where smart enought to figgure that out... looks like you where
                                the tricks youl earn when working with metal eh? :lol: once i'm done this post i'll be test fitting the rear header again since i moved it again to clear the int. shaft... i hope it fits this time lol

Comment

Working...
                                X