No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i talked to my boss about the two engines that are at my work and he thinks one might possibly be a KL-ZE which would be awesome!! the guy that owns the engines will be into work tomorrow so i'll be talking to him about the engine and see if i can get one!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Sweet!!!

Comment

Oh eM Gee

I hope this goes with the v6 so bad...
        -Caleb
        Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
        So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I hope you dont grenade that diff with the phantom grip like most honda guys with those do. I never hear good things about them.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

^^I haven't heard any bad news about them

Here's todays progress, i got my bolts in for the ring gear and i installed them with red loc-tite and i added 4 small welds to help hold the ring gear in place, and as stated earlier the bolts did hit first gear so i had to grind them down a little bit so they would clear

Before any grinding was done and you can see the 4 welds i did in this pic

I was re-assembling the tranny and when i got to this point and was ready to put the other half of the case on i realized i don't have any silicone :bash: so now i have to wait til tomorrow to pick some up so i can finish assembling the tranny

Hopefully tomorrow i will be finished with the tranny

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              i realized i don't have any silicone :bash: so now i have to wait til tomorrow to pick some up
              :sign3:LOL

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
                :sign3:LOL
                :violent3: :lol:

Comment

So if this does pan out, what kinda time frame are you looking at to delve into this swap? I am only asking because an engine swap into my festy never appealed to me till this.
                  93 festiva aka "the sexy"
                  04 blown GT stang
                  99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

At the latest i want to be digging into the swap by spring, at the moment i have my 300zx in the garage taking up space and its now up for sale, so the sooner it sells the sooner i can start on the swap

Comment

awesome
                      93 festiva aka "the sexy"
                      04 blown GT stang
                      99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

Here's the progress of today,

After i ground down the bolts yesterday i didn't feel like loc-tite alone was enough so today i took the tranny into work and ground down the bolts a bit more and welded the top of the bolts so the nuts will never move for sure and i picked up some silicone and i finally re-assembled the tranny

Tomorrow i will pull an axle from my festiva and fit it into the tranny :evil4:

Last edited by Damkid; 11-13-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Nice progress Chris

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

^^Thanks Maxim

Comment

I hate reading stuff like this. It puts lots of expensive ideas in my head. If I end up doing something like this, it'll be all your fault, damkid! :p
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

^^:lol::lol: well i'll gladly take the blame, but just think of the expensive ideas in my head, i love turbos (which is why i bought a B6T car) but i love being original (which is why i'm going to attempt a V6 swap) so i could be the first to turbo a V6 in a festiva :evil4: imagine the power then!!!
                                Last edited by Damkid; 11-14-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X