No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow..... The guys over on ProbeTalk has tried talking me into a KLZE swap forever.

This is nuts. Sign me up for one?
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

• ^^Thanks and if you want post the link to my build over on probe talk go for it :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• This is saying ITB to me the V6 would sound very good. No turbo, you have lots of power. If you want more, 100hp nitrous shot would solve that for a lot cheaper than a turbo and room is a big concern with that v6(piping, manifolds, turbo's etc). Good job on the swap have you tried braking hard to see how it handles weight transfer? My will get a bit loose in the rear under hard breaking, but I have 12 inch rotor's in the front.

Comment

• I've only put roughly 200kms on the swap so far so i haven't really "pushed" the car too much yet to see how the handling is now etc.

At first the steering felt very weird but i knew the alignment was out quite a bit so yesterday i just got an alignment done on it so now i'll be able to get a better feel for it :lol:

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            yesterday i just got an alignment done on it so now i'll be able to get a better feel for it :lol:
            I wonder what the alignment shop thought about the engine size... lol
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I went to school with two of the mechanics so they already knew about my car, although a funny story is on my way home I stopped for gas and when I fired it up the guy at the pump behind me said "those things aren't supposed to sound like that" :evil4:

Comment

• lol!
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

• I managed to get a few mins today after work and before it got dark to swap the front bumper out tonight for an un-modified, freshly painted (spray bombs) black stock bumper, i still have the rear to do but its getting dark so that'll be another day

Comment

• hey that looks good. i might do mine in black instead of white
                    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                    \/\_____________FORD
                    FOREVER

Comment

• Looks nice!
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• You need a personalized plate for that car. KLZEstiva, or something.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Got my rear bumper on and i tinted my pride taillights

Comment

• looks minty man, I gotta get mine done so we can have a tiny cars with HUGE engines meet!
                            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Well considering my insurance dilema, mine may not make it to any meets this year since i shouldn't really be driving it

so time for more upgrades

Comment

• Turbo !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Working...
                                X