No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual brakes, done correctly, are no different than power brakes, until you reach the threshold of traction with your tires. With manual brakes, it takes a good bit more force to actually lock the tires than with power brakes. Manual brakes will also give a cleaner feel of brake surface condition, such as rotor warp, or pad problems.

But power is nice, I guess... Except when its run by an engine driven vacuum pump... Then its a waste of energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FB71 View Post
      Chris, just an opinion; it would be much simpler and safer to move the turbo 2 inches forward...
      that's what I've been sayin' but he don't wanna listen! i mean if the exhaust was completely finished/welded, i could see why he'd be so against moding the up pipes, BUT it's just tacked together and so easy to mod at this point. moving the booster is a BAD IDEA.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        that's what I've been sayin' but he don't wanna listen! i mean if the exhaust was completely finished/welded, i could see why he'd be so against moding the up pipes, BUT it's just tacked together and so easy to mod at this point. moving the booster is a BAD IDEA.
        I'm gunna agree with this 100%... but it is his build...
        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
        High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
        Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
          I'm gunna agree with this 100%... but it is his build...
          X2...

have you looked at how much room you have in the bumper and fenders.... just sit and think untill you get a great idea... it will come to you... you just have to think... mover some other stuff from in the engine bay in to the fenders and bumper and you will get the room you need... i have TONS of room in my engine bay... i dont know why everyone says these things are so tiny...
          Last edited by sasquatch; 07-07-2011, 10:45 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

You need to re-read my posts then, the pipes ARE fully welded together, if it'll make you feel better I can stop updating this thread since your obviously not reading it fully anyway

People sometimes relocate master cylinders or replace them with aftermarket ones in build, I plan to move mine by an inch and everyone whines and complains, I'm not stupid and I won't compromise the safety of my car so whatever I do I will do it right, but I guess for this part of it I'll keep the pics to myself
            Last edited by Damkid; 07-08-2011, 04:14 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Lookin good Chris. You could always leave your piping the way it is and go rear turbo....jk
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Thanks Greg, but I think it's working nicely under the hood :p of course other then how I might just as well take my master cylinder off, itll apparently be useless after my build anyway lol
                Last edited by Damkid; 07-08-2011, 04:18 AM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• You don't need brakes.......they just slow you down......

I've seen some crazy small MC's in hot rods
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Ya I have no idea how those hot rodders get away with it I mean that's not factory so it can't be safe

Comment

• Take it out less weight can go faster!!

Comment

• Hehehehe, just use my reasoning....everyone else has brakes so I don't need them LOL J/K

Actually, I usually state it in different terms but I would have to post that in the Arena :mrgreen:
                        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

• ok upon closer examination the pics on page 24 look the same as those on 28 and i didn't notice the change in welds.

have you thought about using an auto pedal assembly to allow better flexability when moving the master?
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

have you thought about using an auto pedal assembly to allow better flexability when moving the master?
                            Thats the type of constructive ideas i like as compared to all the previous posts, thank you for that Arty

I've actually decided to improve my idea (hence why i brainstorm this type of thing before i do it) instead of moving the M/C sideways, if i moved it vertical, the push rod will stay straight to the pedal, that might be a better option yet

The only downfall that i can see would be that i would lose a little bit of leverage so the pedal might feel slightly tougher to push down, but since i'll be keeping power brakes, and i have the aspire brakes, it shouldn't be an issue

I'm still a couple days away from having the time to work on the festiva though

Comment

• What if you went with a different bore size MC to help make up for the loss of leverage? Push more fluid with less effort. Just thinking out loud here.
                              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Maybe that'd be a reason to upgrade to the aspire m/c, didn't even think that far ahead yet lol thanks zanzer

Comment

Working...
                                X