My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Are you going to brace that turbo at all?

I want to put a remote mount on my golf, but I'm afraid of stress on the pipe and turbo flange.
    Yes i will be building a brace of some sort, the stress on the pipes will eventually cause them to crack/break etc. i just want to get the pipes done first to see where i'll have room for a brace :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
      If you need mendrel bends , Theres a shop on ebay (in ON) that has a very wide variety of exhaust pipings at real low prices. Thats where I order all my piping needs.

http://stores.ebay.com/exhaustdirectperformance
      I just looked closer at this and that store is located literally less then an hour from me and i never knew it at least i wouldn't need to go through ebay to buy stuff from them :lol:

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• How much hp increase do you expect with your first stage build? What about the finished build?
        -Bryant

Comment

• I'm honestly not sure what this first setup is going to make power wise, but if i had to guess, i'd think on 5psi i could possibly see 250hp

Comment

• I got these stickers on friday from micheal11

And got one put on so far

The other KLZE one is for the P5, i just want to put a tint stripe accross the top of the windshield first, the P5 has a black strip already but it's not see through so i figure i'll peal the old off and get a strip of 5% on there

Comment

• Alright so today i took my piping to work to completely weld all of it together, i didn't fully weld the whole pipe on the car only because i was using flux core wire and it's just messy, so i figured to weld it with a gas welder at work

the only thing i'm debating on changing is how close the turbo outlet is to the master cylinder, i may cut off the turbo flange and rotate it slightly to add some clearance there

so onto the pics

Test fitting the piping to make sure it didn't warp when i fully welded it, with the turbo of course

Then i wanted to get an idea of how the throttle body sits as compared to the turbo and hope that i can still get the MAF and BOV in between the two, i'm sure i can with a 90 degree intake elbow and some aluminum welding

But since i have to make the turbo outlet pipe i had to get the piping on the car and get the turbo in place to start making the next pipe, and i had to throw the intake on just to get an idea how full my engine bay is going to be :evil4: and i had to drool

Comment

• Sweet!!!!

Comment

• That is lookin sweet! boosted KL will be a monster! Once you get that thing up around 8-10psi, you might meet the 1980's version of Michael J Fox!!!!
                  93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                  -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                  123.7mph highest trap
                  95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• So what's gonna keep the power to the ground anyway?
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• 180/55-12's
                      -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                        180/55-12's

Too funny! I don't think they would fit an aspire swap. Even funnier would be to run 10" mini cooper wheels.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• Originally posted by dueces View Post
                          That is lookin sweet! boosted KL will be a monster! Once you get that thing up around 8-10psi, you might meet the 1980's version of Michael J Fox!!!!
                          :lol: thanks, I'm hopin either tonight or tomorrow to get started on the downpipe, I've already got the cold side figured out, just gotta wait til payday next week to buy the couplers and wastegate actuator, then I'll just need an FMU and I should be ready to go

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          So what's gonna keep the power to the ground anyway?
                          I'll figure that out as i go :lol: but most likely just a decent set of tires

Comment

• I did a bit more work to the festiva today but didn't feel like i accomplished too much, basically i need to run the fuel lines and wiring harness a bit differently so it's further away from the exhaust pipes

After i moved that crap out of the way, i started working on the downpipe and quickly realized i wasn't happy with the location of the turbo, so i cut the flange off the Y-pipe and added about a 1" extension to move the turbo further away from the Master cylinder and it also levelled out the turbo quite nicely

So i loaded up the Y-pipe into the P5 to take to work tomorrow so i can fully weld the flange back on and tomorrow night i'll get it back on the car and do some more work on the down pipe

Comment

• Got the little turbo extension welded on and i'm happier with the turbo placement now, it's still pretty close to the M/C but at least i have some more clearance to put in a heatshield, maybe header wrap the M/C as well to help keep the heat off of it..... Anyway here's pics

Turbo sitting nice and level

And i almost thought the air filter wasn't going to clear the hood, dam it sure is close though lol

Now that i'm happy with where the turbo is sitting i'll be getting started on the downpipe over the weekend
                              Last edited by Damkid; 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Please get rid of that filter.
                                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X