• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    but the way im routing my IC piping it will get in the way
    Ah, ya that'd be a good reason not to move the rad :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

copy cat...lol those are the same mounts im using.... looking good... moving the intercooler piping is a whole lot cheaper and easier than a custom radiator.... just sayin... i had a 3 core civice 1/2 and it didnt want to fit anywhere in that engine bay...
      Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 12-16-2009, 04:28 AM.
      I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

^ im not putting mine "in" the engine bay... im gonna try to make mine fit under the rad support or on the other side.... but for now the factory one will do just fine...

tomorow im gonna try to get the wiring figgured out and i just went to the JY today and got some goodies pics tomorrow...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Just subscribed, best of luck.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            i just went to the JY today and got some goodies pics tomorrow...
            6 days later and still no pic. Update please.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

lol i forgot all about that... im going to lordco today and picking up some piping to finish the charge pipes so once i get home ill post up some pics...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I'm waiting, Keep up the good work Mike.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Looking good man. I dont know what kind of clearances you guys with the b6d/t need at the "frame rails" but you arent too far to the drivers side are you? I dont think Ive seen others cut into the frame for a 1.6. I put my bp in too far to the passenger side in my new car and had probs with the left axle popping out :confused3: so I got to make a new set of engine/trans mounts. I dont want to see anyone else go through that crap too. The radiator issue sucked for me as well, moved it all the way over till it was against the frame and still not enough room. You have some nice solid looking mounts. I bet you can't wait to burn rubber now!
                  Last edited by resuwrecked; 12-18-2009, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Yeeah you might be too far to the drivers side you shouldn't have to notch the frame.
                    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

people dont normally notch the frame because it is just easier to bend it in.. I just used a BFH to bend mine in and of course this probably isn't the recommended way but it requires alot less tools and effort.. Im not saying his is or isn't out of place but just think he welded a notch because he wanted it to be better then just hammering it in...
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I didn't need to hammer mine
                        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

mine fits perfect...but i removed the a/c pulley off of the harmonic balancer anyways...
                          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

i had problems with the axle "looking" like its gonna pop out so i moved it over as fas as i could... now it sits in there perfect... and now if i ever need the power of a bpt it will fit in lol.... i dont think ill ever go bpt on this car, i think people think the b6t is a wimpy motor but ill show em

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

when i was looking around for a turbo to put on my B6T i came across the GT2871R and by looking on the compressor map it'd be good for 300hp @ 25psi and still close to the most efficient range, i'll get the link for you so you can look into it a bit

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i pulled out my rough work i did when i was researching turbos and the numbers i came up with are

@10 psi (1.68 pressure ratio) it'll need 21.26 lbs/min of air
                                @15 psi (2.02 pressure ratio) it'll need 25.56 lbs/min of air
                                @20 psi (2.36 pressure ratio) it'll need 29.86 lbs/min of air
                                @25 psi (2.7 pressure ratio) it'll need 34.16 lbs/min of air

and its roughly 1 lb/min of air = 10 hp

and using the pressure ratio and lbs/min numbers i found this compressor map and it looks like the perfect turbo for the B6T to make big power

Comment

Working...
                                X