No announcement yet.

sasquatch's b6t swap build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill see how much power this turbo i got will make... sometimes i luck out on things, hopfuly i got lucky

pics of the new stuff is comming....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

the b6t is far from wimpy
      from the fastest festivas thread:
      #4 Mextiva 12.76 @108 CONFIRMED
      B6T
      ...im hopin to get close to this when i finally get my car tuned and on some slicks
      I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

here are some pics of the parts i got at the junk yard

rear strut tower bar off a 92 talon

2 throttle bodies... they dont fit but i will make them fit when i make my custom intake manifold a civic short shifter a piece of intercooler piping and another piese of intercooler piping lol...

now i just have to finish the IC piping and get the wiring figgured out... and i think i figgured out a way and if all goes well i MAY make a kit to plug in the b6t to the stock wiring harness cause the way i am doing it its easy as pie but we will see if it runs.... (im 99.99% sure it will run )
        Last edited by sasquatch; 12-19-2009, 10:35 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Nice Mike, way to be resourceful.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

ok the intercooler piping is allmost done... i just need to connect the maf to the intercooler.... at this point in the swap i have run out of money so i had to do the intercooler piping VERY half *** im not happy with it at all and i would take my time to do it properly but i NEED a job and i have no way of getting to work when i get a job so i need to get this thing done... as soon as i get my first pay slip im going to mopac and buy all new IC piping and couplers and re-doing it all with proper stuff but this is what i have so far...

now all thats needed is 2 more 90 deg bends and the wiring

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

sweet, cant wait to see it when its fired up and ready to rip
              Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                when i was looking around for a turbo to put on my B6T i came across the GT2871R and by looking on the compressor map it'd be good for 300hp @ 25psi and still close to the most efficient range, i'll get the link for you so you can look into it a bit
                Ahh the disco potato's slightly larger brother. Personally I'm going to use the gt2860rs(disco potato) cause its a better match for a daily driver & more efficient to boot.
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

i love that name... disco potato lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

looking good man cant wait to c it when its all don keep it up
                    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                    \/\_____________FORD
                    FOREVER

Comment

today i got started on the wiring... plug and play kit anyone?...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Very nice!! hopefully it works well!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

im hoping it will work

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Radiator, engine mounts

Not sure why you squished your radiator. I mounted mine just a little to the drivers side with not too much effort and it clears the turbo fine. I added a fourth mount on top of the transaxle to keep the whole shebang from rocking forward. A fourth mount would keep your turbo from making a pancake out of your rad.

By the way too bad your living in B.C not Alberta. Edmonton has to have the highest per capita of Festiva B6T swaps (I know of four running, 1 not; not including 1 BP swap) in North America. Three of those swaps have the G25MR transmission too. Most of those ice race in winter and one was road raced in the local Edmonton Indy Support Race.

Good luck in your build!
                            Only a canadian would have a B6T Festiva Iceracer for kicks!

Comment

Originally posted by fargo View Post
                              Not sure why you squished your radiator. I mounted mine just a little to the drivers side with not too much effort and it clears the turbo fine. I added a fourth mount on top of the transaxle to keep the whole shebang from rocking forward. A fourth mount would keep your turbo from making a pancake out of your rad.

By the way too bad your living in B.C not Alberta. Edmonton has to have the highest per capita of Festiva B6T swaps (I know of four running, 1 not; not including 1 BP swap) in North America. Three of those swaps have the G25MR transmission too. Most of those ice race in winter and one was road raced in the local Edmonton Indy Support Race.

Good luck in your build!

its a little late to un-dent the rad lol...

when i come over to AB next year for the westiva meet get all the b6t bp and bpt festivas you can and get them to go to the westiva meet... i wanna see more festivas this time... and i wanna race some

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!! i got the wiring harness compleated it should be running tomorow night (if i did it right lol... ) once i get some loose ends figgured out... and a coupple days ago i got the IC piping done, i just forgot to post that up lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Oh heck bypass the intercooler to check your wiring. Fire her up! You'll want to get any timing and fuel bugs out at low boost anyhow.
                                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X