No announcement yet.

My B6T build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to drive it tonight! Just down the road and back. Ended up having to replace both front brake lines as the ends were rusted to crap and blew as soon as they started seeing brake pressure. Got the radiator hooked up, still no fan yet though. It didnt really get too hot though even with the single core festy rad. I got a two core rad but the inlet is busted on it :/ Gonna have to find a slim fan either way.

Still plenty of kinks to work out but it was so relieving taking it just down the road and back. Gotta get an exhaust hooked up, even if its just the tiny festiva exhaust for now.

The capri front brakes work quite well on a car that weighs 700 lbs less than the car they were made for. Now just gotta replace those worthless things in the back.

Hopefully this weekend I can get it closer to being on the road and get some video.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I think Im gonna get it on the road today...

But two things real quick.

My oil light is always on. Theres oil pressure, because I can take the cap off and see it slingin around in there, and because the engine still runs lol.

The cooling fan is always on. I changed out the fan switch (the one with the spade connector?) with my brand new one in my b3. I tried both connections from the b6t and b3 harness. No change.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Been driving it since yesterday. Its obviously a rolling work in progress. I have the front end lowered a bit much, the 195/50/15's rub a little on turns and bumps. Im gonna try reversing some spring clamps in there to raise it a little. Need some money to make some coilovers with. Need aspire struts to fit the xr2 wheels on the back.

Here it is as it stands...

Oh and I guess I have a bit much power for a stock festy exhaust?

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

dam that muffler is busted! you gonna replace the whole exhaust>?
          91 red l-

Comment

Working...
          X