No announcement yet.

My b6t Capri Engine/Trans swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the problem. I have read a couple different things along the way. Just trying to get a definitive answer. I might just have to try some things myself and report back.

Comment

Same here, Im going with festy lca's first.

Im just praying that my 15" xr2 wheels and 195-50-15's fit since my metro 13"s most likely wont.
      Last edited by bhazard; 03-14-2010, 10:34 AM.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

My XR2 had 14's on it. They are a decent set of matched rims with 185/60R14 tires. Plan on giving them a whirl on the Festiva when I start the mods. Maybe move to a different rim down the road.

To those stripping out the XR2, the speedo cables are no longer made, even aftermarket. I got $40 shipped for mine. $30 in my pocket.

Comment

SO, my first downfall is the transmission. It shifted fine and moved in every gear without any grinding or trans noises when in the Capri. There was a wicked CV thump on the passenger side, but that was the biggest issue. When I separated the engine/trans today, I noticed there is a hole inside the bellhousing. Goes into the diff area. You can see the gears where the axle shafts fit in!

I have another trans that I had already snagged. Good thing I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X