No announcement yet.

Jesse's turbo B3 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having to rework my carb adapter right now, when it's back together I'll get another video up.

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

work faster :evil4:

jk...

cant wait to hear some more vids... did you get a bov yet?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i have a b3 mazda 121 carby, is there no other mods to this other than the pipework, carby and carby adapter to get it to be turboed?

Surely it would be running really lean. Just asking as i have a garrett TD04 and an intercooler sitting here collecting dust lol. Its either i put it on the mazda or my FTO lol.

What are you planning to do with the fuel problem?

Comment

With a blow through carb, the amount of fuel given is proportional to the air flowing through it. More air = more fuel.
          Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
          88? Parts car-sold
          91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
          86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
          1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

That spoiler is so nasty, I love it. Love the body work to.
            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by DriftMagister View Post
              i have a b3 mazda 121 carby, is there no other mods to this other than the pipework, carby and carby adapter to get it to be turboed?

Surely it would be running really lean. Just asking as i have a garrett TD04 and an intercooler sitting here collecting dust lol. Its either i put it on the mazda or my FTO lol.

What are you planning to do with the fuel problem?
              That's really all there is, I would throw porting the head in there, but probably not a necessity if your not looking for final numbers.

All changes should be evaluated with a wideband so you know where your at on the air fuel ratio. Can't tell you how many times i changed the jet..drove it..changed the jet..drove it...jet...drove...ect

The fuel problem is going to require an aftermarket fuel pump & regulator....Then re jetting and drilling out the power valve holes as needed for proper AFR.

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
                Can't tell you how many times i changed the jet..drove it..changed the jet..drove it...jet...drove...ect

this is why i LOVE standalone, nothing but win all you need is a laptop

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Nobody has that much time to figure out all that wiring, or that much money...and what if your laptop has a dead battery............huhhuh

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
                    Nobody has that much time to figure out all that wiring, or that much money...and what if your laptop has a dead battery............huhhuh

i have been trying to figgure out my wiring for the last... i dont know how long lol... (i have been changing my mind on alot of things and thats why its taking so long ) and for the money, i got a killer deal on a used haltech e6x, 400 with the harness and a 3bar map sensor, and when it comes time to start it the guy said he would set up the base map and give it a quick tune so i cant complain ooo and the bead batt... get a car charger

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I want some of those side skirtz!

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

I know I am new here but I have quite a bit of blowthru carb experience esp the Holley 2bbl I rock a 350cfm on my snowmobile with a gt28rs turb. With that carb just get a 1:1 rrfpr set it for 7psi base pressure and have at it with the jetting. The powervalve wont need to be drilled out on a 500cfm until around 350hp. I found out the hard way with that, also YOU will need a bov as such when you let off the gas you pressurize your float bowls and if forces gas into the idle circuit and past the throttle blades causing a rich situation. I love these build threads Honda build threads are no way as in depth I just cant wait to get a hold of some parts and do a little cross brand fab work. I think its safe to say I have found my new home.

Hope the info helps pm me if you need some blow thru help anything just let me know

Comment

hey jmye i know your buddies with matt whats up with his b3 build? he hasnt updated it in a long time...

Comment

sweet Sweet SWEET build!
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Dseries View Post
                              I know I am new here but I have quite a bit of blowthru carb experience esp the Holley 2bbl I rock a 350cfm on my snowmobile with a gt28rs turb.
                              Did you say snowmobile.....

Originally posted by sodikartracer View Post
                              hey jmye i know your buddies with matt whats up with his b3 build? he hasnt updated it in a long time...

Last time I talked to him he removed the turbo and was running ethanol....He has lost interest in the forum...

Comment

^ Yes snowmobile I made a plenum and welded a cheap carb spacer on it and run a carb hat on it. Puts down more power than a lot of people think. I had it on a dyno and from the 3 pulls I avgd 178 umm track hp lol which is pretty sweet considering its a 600 twin. I have it all torn apart right now getting it ready for this year. I will have to snap some pics

Comment

Working...
                                X