Jesse's turbo B3 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
    I'd say good. What an awesome build! Totally in love with your carb setup.
    Originally posted by Brayy View Post
    Yeah for sure its bloody brilliant. I want your drop on my car.
    Originally posted by pinky View Post
    yes a good thing lol

i cant wait to start my B3 turbo build...

Fun-gasim

Thanks

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

• did i miss something their is no bov you kinda need that for a turbo application... other then that this is a great build i love it!

Comment

• Not all turbo cars come with BOVs. If the turbo is really really small sometimes it isn't needed. I for one one wouldn't go without one, it can cause too much damage to the turbo due to compressor surge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• 7 lbs of boost...no BOV

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

• Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post
            Not all turbo cars come with BOVs. If the turbo is really really small sometimes it isn't needed. I for one one wouldn't go without one, it can cause too much damage to the turbo due to compressor surge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Aggred that was going to be my next comment even on our b3 turbo set up we have a bypass valve so it's ideal to run one and were running 5lbs also. I would look into welding a flange and see how that works try a 1g bov or I have a eBay type rs that I'll sell for $20 shipped

Comment

• Rebuilt the turbo on my '86 TurboCoupe when it had 157K on it. There was no evidence of "surge" etc. Everything mic'd good. Never heard anything coming from the turbo on my SVO either when you get out of it. Maybe "surge" was "invented" by BOV manufacturers........was running 15lbs of boost on TBird and 18 in the SVO.....
              1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
              1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
              1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
              1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
              1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
              1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
              1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

• it's for real, If you've never heard it you're lucky. I killed a garrett t3 by having a crappy bov on the car. when you let off the gas it would do the repetitive chriping sound that is indicative of surge. only lasted 15k miles like that.

Comment

• My turbo coupe has 182,000 on it with no BOV. 18-20psi for the past 40,000 or so. Turbo is still good.

However I do get that surgy sound in my festy at low boost...light acceleration. If you get in it the bov seems to open farther.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    My turbo coupe has 182,000 on it with no BOV. 18-20psi for the past 40,000 or so. Turbo is still good.

However I do get that surgy sound in my festy at low boost...light acceleration. If you get in it the bov seems to open farther.
                    Probably not a surge sound probably the bov closing or letting more air out.

Hey you guys do what you want just trying to help prevent your turbo from surge and who doesn't like the sound of a bov?

Comment

• so whats happening with this build ..jus got the tank running again an he thought of a b3 turbo is one i could live with an it would be really kool to be turo'd if i do the Ken Block paint scheme
                      Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

• I feel compelled to revive this thread ...

uploadfromtaptalk1435289723654.jpg
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• I cannot for the life of me understand why this guy put THIS MUCH WORK into a car this @#%&$@ rotted. Seriously ghetto.

uploadfromtaptalk1435289825309.jpg
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                            I cannot for the life of me understand why this guy put THIS MUCH WORK into a car this @#%&$@ rotted. Seriously ghetto.

[ATTACH]18061[/ATTACH]
                            holy crap i thought mine had bad rust that one makes mine look pristine
                            88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
                            89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
                            93 gl FI (sold) automagical
                            89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
                            88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

• Travois the rear!!
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Jesse's turbo B3 Build

Probably the best he could find bhaz

That was a cool car to see him build. I don't know what you did to it!? But I'm not letting you near my car if that's how you treat festivas.
                                Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 06-26-2015, 03:24 PM.
                                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X