No announcement yet.

Another SHOGUN in the werks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bolt in sub frame is a "must do" the originals were welded in. No fun if you have to yank an engine
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
      bolt in sub frame is a "must do" the originals were welded in. No fun if you have to yank an engine
      I saw that , pretty stupid if you ask me , specially for a 48K$ car. Bad engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by FastOrBust View Post
        nice start and i absolutely love your wheel choice
        ^^^ X2

What brand wheels are those! Really freakin' nice!
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
          ^^^ X2

What brand wheels are those! Really freakin' nice!
          The brand is XXR , meant to go on oldschool corollas and bimmers. Look them up on ebay.

Comment

Little update

Comment

Looking good!! :thumbright: when do you think you have the subframe bolted to the festiva?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

droolThat engine looks nice! Great job.
                '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Looking good!! :thumbright: when do you think you have the subframe bolted to the festiva?
                  Its actually boltable right now , When I did my cage , the subframe was in place.

But no need to rush anything , I got PLENNY of work to do before doing that , I got to repair 2 holes in the floor , buff the whole underbody and coat it with antirust stuff , the whole suspension needs to be redone. Front gastank , etc etc.

Comment

Cool... rear wheel steer
                    ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
                      Cool... rear wheel steer
                      No , the shaft is welded. I need this to stabilize the sho knuckles , since they are front ones. Without that , the rear wheels would turn whenever wherever.

Comment

It was a joke.............................................. ....nice project.
                        ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

I think he meant "steering with your right foot."

I'm drooling, but take your time. Do it up right!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Update on the shogun

Some work has been done.

SHO knuckles converted to 4X114.3

Rust-o-lueum (tremclad) antirust primer + antirust paint on the body. Susp parts are powdercoated inclding the coils , new brakes/struts/susp/bushings.

New home made rad support.

Gas tank , coolant tubes.

Underhood , gas tank - festiva sender fitted with high volume SHO fuel pump.

Thats all for now.

Comment

Hmm, i like progress how come you decided to use the stock tank and not a fuel cell? is it for cost savings?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Can the stock tank mount in a lower position so you don't have fuel sloshing around that high in the car? I like the progress so far!
                                1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                                1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                                1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                                1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                                1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                                1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                                1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Working...
                                X