Another SHOGUN in the werks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much awesome! drool
    Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 02-07-2013, 07:08 PM.
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Wow! Just WOW!!! Why am I just reading this now lolol
      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Alot of talent you have, awesome write up of the 2002+ rio swap. This thing is going to be nuts when it is finished!

Festy International, souds like a good idea to mehmmmmmm
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• wow, awesome looking car cant wait to see it done....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• NOT "JUST ANOTHER SHOGUN" !!! awesome work
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• So... How much are you in for on this little project? It seems like you are doing a lot of things yourself.

Car #789
              Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
              1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
              1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
              http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Another SHOGUN in the werks

Originally posted by WTFestiva View Post
                So... How much are you in for on this little project? It seems like you are doing a lot of things yourself.
                He'd probably be scared to see the actually number if he added it up :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• especially after paying himself $15-25+ an hour and 20 hours a week after work. 27 months.. if he only worked 20 hours a week it would be around 2200 hours now.
                  Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Its been 2.5 years now , But not ALWAYS working on it.

The worst is doing it again.

I was not satisfied with the harnesses , so I have done it all , all over again (stripped the useless wires) and re-looming all.
                    I was not satisfied with the rear suspension hook up points , re-did all that.
                    I was not satisfied with the turbo and exhaust , re-did all that - got another turbo
                    I was not satisfied with the powdercoated intake , polished everything.
                    I was not satisfied with the shifter and the cables , it was sloppy , re-did all that.

And it goes on and on. Thats what takes all the time.

I got in at least 15k if not more. Thats only in parts (im not counting my hours) , and in shop supplies and tools (welding gas , brake cleaner , bench grinder (buffer) , and so on.

Comment

• Pictures man, I need more pictures!
                      It's fully in-depth guides that inspire kids like me to do crazy things with our little Festiva's. The car you're building...it's not even a shogun anymore. It's like...it's like an Emperor. Emperor of Festiva's.
                      Anywho, awesome build and keep up the awesome updates!

Comment

• Will do

Comment

• Some other pics

Gen3 brakes , and Panhard bars with heim joints to replace the steering rack/tierods

Since theres no mechanical handbrake possible (all calipers are front ones) , and if im getting hit with a mechanical inspection - might as well do it now - its needed. Its a go-kart caliper and rotor. This just might work as an e-brake.

Turbo ,in parts but to show the size of it. Its a garett hybrid (gt35) fully rebuilt by a turbo expert. He said this turbo setup in a 300zx (replaced the twins by this big boy) and he pushed close to 500hp.

Access door

Everything is reinforced

Access door for adjusting the top plates.

Comment

• that "ebrake" is sweet!
                            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Ebrake is a mechanical brake that only works on one side? Is that legal?

It'd be addign slightly more weight, but I don't see why it's not possible to add a second caliper on each side that's cable actuated... or make some GM mid-size rear calipers 'cable lock' work.

Comment

• Works on both sides , it has a Quaife.

Comment

Working...
                                X