• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest for More Power and More Traction! BP+T + AWD Build Thread

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
    im waiting for the for sale post, cash in hand! j/k
    Lol I'm local.

I hope he gets this thing done it would be so bad ***!
    Last edited by Damkid; 03-16-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Get ur butt to work!!
      1991 stiva.

Comment

• working on it.

guess what this is for! Cutting metal tomorrow hopefully. This particular part took me forever to figure out what I wanted to do.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• X member?
          1991 stiva.

Comment

• more like mini sub frames. cutting metal and tack welding tomorrow. Took the day off from work lol
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Heey good to cya back at it Aaron. Keep us posted I want to see this at madness...or an ohiosteva.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Thanks man, its been a while but I'm back! Better equipped both tool wise, material wise, and $$ wise. So LETS DO THIS! lol

Speaking of which...

Looks uglier than it really is under there... Have some of my handy work attached already.

And a shot of my work for the day (only had 4 hours to work on it by the time I got there, got tickets to a hockey game tonight!):

My tack welds are horrendous. I think I need to replace the tip on the welder. Also seriously considering upgrading to a hobart handler 140 amp MIG instead of my 90 amp flux cored lincoln.

I'm going to work on it some more tomorrow morning before a stag party. Busy Busy Busy!
                Last edited by Nerd Racing; 04-19-2013, 04:51 PM.

Facebook Me!

Comment

• you'll like that Hobart if you go that direction.

so am i seeing subframe re-enforcements?
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Kinda, they are dual purpose. Hopefully you will see tomorrow when everything is all tacked together and I can mock up the final pieces of my monstrocity up front.

Facebook Me!

Comment

• So I got a lot more done and didn't like the look of how things were going. So I'm going to try making them a different way what will have less welds and more precise cuts. (i.e. milled from 2-1/2" 1/8" wall tube) Then I will add the flanges from laser cut plate (hopefully).

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                      X