No announcement yet.

shorestiva crys havoc and lets slip the hogs of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want your dashers, are they solid? I have no room for them or way to get them here, but I always liked those cars. I like the Fox too, I'm weird like that. 2.0 turbo dasher FTW!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Re: shorestiva crys havoc and lets slip the hogs of war

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
      ^nice idea on how to mount the X member to the car, i hope you know im gonna steal your idea lol
      Well if I ever get this done I was going to make a jig and sell them so you could just buy one from me instead. Lol

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      I want your dashers, are they solid? I have no room for them or way to get them here, but I always liked those cars. I like the Fox too, I'm weird like that. 2.0 turbo dasher FTW!
      Nope they're northern cars. The 76 is a gas 1.6 and the floor and quarters are about gone. The 80 is a diesel and just the rf frame rail is gone. I think im going to try to save the 80 and see if i can find a early tdi motor for it. If you really want them I could haul them out there. I have family in Phoenix I haven't seen in awhile. Lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Finally took my motor up to the machine shop. They couldn't do my trans bearing plate or my control arms so I have to take them to a different shop that wasn't open today.

Way too many cars

Comment

Picked up my motor today and I actually started on something else today. Pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Way too many cars

Comment

its about time this was updated!!! looking forward to the pics

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
              Well if I ever get this done I was going to make a jig and sell them so you could just buy one from me instead. Lol

Nope they're northern cars. The 76 is a gas 1.6 and the floor and quarters are about gone. The 80 is a diesel and just the rf frame rail is gone. I think im going to try to save the 80 and see if i can find a early tdi motor for it. If you really want them I could haul them out there. I have family in Phoenix I haven't seen in awhile. Lol

A TDI dasher would be excellent! I have no room for that project, but if I could find a straight rust free dasher wagon or even Fox wagon I would make a place. Always wanted to use an audi 4000 quattro drive train in a Fox wagon with either a nasty built TDI or a 20v 5cyl turbo. Dress up like an old lady and go stomp sports cars. 500 ft.lbs, AWD in a crappy old 2200 lb wagon=Too much fun!
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Love those old 2 door Fox wagons! Cool look!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Update postponed until my latest purchase arrives. Lol I ran into issues and had to buy something else to make things easier.

I think vws are a royal pita to work on and the only reason I got them is there's no other cheap diesel cars around. Awd turbo would be awesome in one of these wagons though.

Way too many cars

Comment

Well it showed up faster than I thought it would so its update time.

Put this together

Used it to make two of these

This showed up today so I notched those

And now I have this

And a random shot of all the stuff I picked up from the machine shop

Way too many cars

Comment

Now your cookin' with gas! You know what everyone is going to want now. Lol. Looking good!

Comment

I hope everyone will. I need to make back some of the money I spent on the bender and notcher.

Way too many cars

Comment

nice work, keep it up

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Aaaand my welder is broke again :banghead:

Way too many cars

Comment

Shorestiva, that's an awesome crossmember!
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Shore, just one thing to say; Miller 135. Best damned 110v mig machine I've ever used.
                                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                                X