No announcement yet.

shorestiva crys havoc and lets slip the hogs of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found that out lol. Pulling that head was one royal PITA. Its my friends car not mine I know better than to buy one of heaps of s***. Previous owner did a money shift and some valves bent just enough that it idles just rough enough to make the computer freak out.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
      I had a busy day yesterday. Covered almost 600mi to pick up all this stuff.
      A few different engines to start making mount kits?

Comment

• Hey shore.
        Can you see if the intake manifold pattern for the sohc 16v b6 (or is that a b8???) Will fit a b6t?
        1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

• B235 for my Saab, zm-de for my b6t build, and a b6-me because $50 lol

Way too many cars

Comment

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
            I found that out lol. Pulling that head was one royal PITA. Its my friends car not mine I know better than to buy one of heaps of s***. Previous owner did a money shift and some valves bent just enough that it idles just rough enough to make the computer freak out.
            Faulty Vanos controller will cause that problem too, it's a super common failure. I used to be a bimmer nut, but that all changed when I started beating my own records in a Festy with less power. Consider the game changed. Lol
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by moz View Post
              Hey shore.
              Can you see if the intake manifold pattern for the sohc 16v b6 (or is that a b8???) Will fit a b6t?
              Nope wont fit first thing I tried after I unloaded it lol. Port spacing is correct but none of the bolts line up and the one water passage wont line up.

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Faulty Vanos controller will cause that problem too, it's a super common failure. I used to be a bimmer nut, but that all changed when I started beating my own records in a Festy with less power. Consider the game changed. Lol
              Wouldn't be suprised if that's bad too lol. Definitely has a bent exhaust valve on #1 though. Were going to do the vanos seals too while we have it off. It would run fine if you didn't let it idle and ran it hard but as soon as you let it idle it would throw missfire codes 301 and 305 so the computer would cut fuel on cyl 1 and 5. Once that happened it was almost impossible to drive. If you unplugged the maf it wouldnt set codes and you could drive it.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Dang... Thanks so much for trying that. Looking at ways to re route my intake
                1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

• In other news I got one of these for christmas. Should make some of my projects a little easier.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Surely he's had an update he's just not telling us about
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Wow... missed this one! Very cool build.
                      - Form should follow function...

Comment

• Very cool car, I remember it @ madness years ago
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Updates on the aqua car not really....

I have really bad project ADD....

So I had bought a saab...

Then this happened...

Lesson learned... Always make sure your powdercoater cleans all media blast crap out of your valve cover before you put it on your motor.

That got rebuilt with forged goodness but im still waiting on $ or a turbo for it.

Then I got involved in helping with a friends mud truck....

(we never did that well no hp and no tire because no money)

About the time the mudbog season started I started my new job and now work 10-12 hrs a day and on the weekends I have a ton of sidework to do. I got tired of guessing what tools I needed at what job and constantly having a festiva packed with tool. Also I need a truck to tow the mudtruck with. After stalking craigslist for a while this made its way home.

(one of the sketchiest tows Ive done 90min with no trailer brakes)

Also around the time I got this I got the itch for a boosted festiva again since I didn't have the money to finish the aqua car I figured Id build another out of the spare parts I have laying around. Since all my spare shells are rust heaps I went and bought one from bobbyspider. Of course between work and mudbogs I didn't start working on it till a 2 months ago. But this is as far as I got.

I'd have more/better photos of everything but I lost my phone a couple weeks ago so this is all I had uploaded on facebook.

So thats where I'm at the only thing running reliably and legally is my bike. I have one stock festiva running but the wheel bearings could go at any moment and only one wheel has brakes. The ambulance runs but I havent fixed everything it needs to pass MD inspection. The white stiva I'm still trying to get the megasquirt sorted out.

Way too many cars

Comment

• ^Lol. I have less cars, but the same problems. Good luck.
                            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

Comment

• About time. Screw the Volvo time to work on a real car! Did you sell the other one? What are the plans with this one?

Comment

Working...
                                X