No announcement yet.

Ian's B6T Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressive, can't wait to see it completed.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• VERY nice.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• SWEET!
        No car too fast !

Comment

• Welp. I can honestly say this has made me want to get my Festy back on the road. Guess I can aim for Westiva 2016.

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

• A couple of minor updates...

My first attempt at modifying the rear bumper beam didn't work out. Here's the second attempt....

Also got the rear wiper reservoir in, the hose fed up the C-pillar and the nozzle installed.

Next up: remove the gas tank and the rear axle beam. The new tank and fuel pump I put in the red car will be switched over to this car as will the entire Aspire rear and front brakes.
            Last edited by fastivaca; 07-26-2015, 06:32 PM.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Did you just reinforce it?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                Did you just reinforce it?
                I cut off most of the material leaving the back plate. Welded on two pieces of 1/8" x 2" x 48" to reinforce what was left. Also had to trim the ends a bit and cut 1/2" or so off the top. Here's a shot from one end...

The ATH bumper now slides into place nicely and mounts to the four lugs below the hatch opening (had to drill holes for them of course) and the stock spot in the wheel arch.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• Ahh OK. Awesome. I just pulled the foam, but that's much nicer and slimmer.

Nice job.
                  Last edited by sketchman; 07-26-2015, 07:11 PM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• Gas tank safely removed....

Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• New license plates arrived today!!!!

Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• I wish I could get those plates for my festiva..... Buuutttt that was taken by the previous owner of my festiva.... Ugh lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Is there any process by which you could buy the plates from Fred? That is assuming he'd be willing to sell them of course. 😊
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• I asked about it once and the plates can't be transferred between people

So I was gunna go "V6TIVA" lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Wow, i wasn't aware festivas with no rust existed in this province! Looks great! You'll have the only 45 year old festiva in Canada in the future.
                              Where did you get the sound deadening and how much difference does it make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The car spent a lot of its life in BC which probably is a biggest factor in its condition.

I got the sound deadener from www.b-quiet.com in Lethbridge. Makes a big difference, especially on long trips. The best way I can explain it is that it takes away the buzziness. Doors feel more solid too and the stereo sounds much better.
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X