No announcement yet.

Ian's B6T Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an hour or so to work on the car so i got the emissions relays mounted up. The 323 bracket had the same hole spacing as the Festiva one so it looks like it was meant to be there! Just a couple of vacuum hoses to run and that will be another thing off the list.

I got the heater hoses all figured out as well.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Nice work! You will want to remove that overboost switch.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Nice work! You will want to remove that overboost switch.
        Which one is the overbooked switch?
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• The round one clipped into the holder toward the passenger side. It's a normally opened switch that closes around 12psi and cuts ignition. If you just unplug it you can run more boost without the ignition cutting out.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• What do you think of these wheels for the project car? Imagine them all cleaned up a painted white. Not sure what make they are or if there are center caps available. 14'x5˝" or 6" with the correct bolt pattern. I'd just have to double check on the center bore size. Now that I think about it they look like Toyota wheels.

Ian
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• I like 'em Ian.

Comment

• ^X2

Yep.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Got quite a bit done today.

- emissions hoses all figured out and hooked up
                  - vac line to brake booster made and installed
                  - slim fab installed. Had to order new mounting kit as the one that came with it was garbage.
                  - VAF meter bracket all fabbed up. Painted it after I took the pictures
                  - relocated the A/C relays to give me some more room for the air filter.
                  - lower rad hose fabbed up. Used two stock Festiva hoses joined with 1" copper plumbing pipe. Lots of clamps so we'll see how this works.

I painted the 121 grille yesterday but forgot to take a photo. I'll be working on the car again tomorrow so watch for more updates.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Love the intake support bracket, Ian
                    Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                    Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• I think I would look into moving the battery though.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        I think I would look into moving the battery though.
                        Just wondering what your thoughts are in this.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
                          Love the intake support bracket, Ian
                          Thanks Jed!
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Finished VAF meter bracket. There's also a little brace that goes from the outlet side of the VAF to the battery hold down.

With the coil and VAF mounted...

Last edited by fastivaca; 03-26-2016, 01:02 PM.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Hey Ian, I don't know how much use you have for 13" winters but apparently the Leduc Cambodian Tyrant has 155/80 iPikes on for $10 apiece (if there's any left anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                                Hey Ian, I don't know how much use you have for 13" winters but apparently the Leduc Cambodian Tyrant has 155/80 iPikes on for $10 apiece (if there's any left anyway).
                                Thanks Tom. I'm good on winters. Recently grabbed a set of four studded I-Pikes on rims for $60!
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X