• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Package arrived this afternoon...

Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Looking good!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• More goodies arrived today!

Decided to go with the Walbro GSS342 that will be mounted to an Aspire fuel pump bracket.

Ian
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• awesome build keep it up I'll find me another festy or the parts to fix mine one day.

Comment

• Tip: replace that short line with Gates green shield high pressure fuel hose. It's resistant to ethanol, so newer fuels won't break it down. You never know what people throw in those kits, and melted rubber and swollen lines are no fun.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Tip: replace that short line with Gates green shield high pressure fuel hose. It's resistant to ethanol, so newer fuels won't break it down. You never know what people throw in those kits, and melted rubber and swollen lines are no fun.
              Duly noted... thank you sir.
              Ian
              Last edited by fastivaca; 03-08-2015, 10:12 PM.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• As I posted in another thread I discovered that my gas tank had developed a leak. Ordered a new one from Rockauto and it arrived today...

A big plus for me personally is that it's made in Canada!!

Came with new gasket and screws to mount the fuel pump bracket too! Will be installing this tank along with the new Walbro pump setup in the next few days. Also plan to treat it with some protective finish like Line-X or an undercoating material.

Ian
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Does it smell like maple syrup? Hehe.

It will be nice to know your fuel system is minty fresh. Fuel issues kill more turbocharged engines than all other issues combined. I've seen guys blow 3 engines before realizing they had rust and junk in the tank that was clogging the screen at full flow.

Comment

• A little bit of progress to report...

- new gas tank installed
                    - replaced the main filler tube and the evap "stuff" with much better condition items
                    - Walbro 225lph fuel pump installed

Too bad all of this is stuff no-one will see!

Old filler tube on the left, replacement on the right:

Gas tank all prepped for install:
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Ian, what did you coat the tank with? Is that paint or bedliner or undercoating?
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        Ian, what did you coat the tank with? Is that paint or bedliner or undercoating?
                        I used some undercoat that I'd had on the shelf for quite a while...
                        Last edited by fastivaca; 04-12-2015, 11:10 AM.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Nice and clean...
                          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• looking great Ian!

Comment

• Great job

Comment

• Thanks everyone!!
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X