Matthew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a few minor changes:

I'm in the process of pulling the motor/trans to stick in my Aspire, in the spring. Matthew was pretty rusty; on both sides the floorpan was no longer connected to the side rails. One of the fuel return lines or whatever they are disintegrated in my hands. Surprisingly, the fuel tank was in good shape. I never did get Matthew plated or insured. All the good parts will be stripped off and will either be put on Larry, sold, or kept as spares. Man, I love sawzalls!
    Last edited by TominMO; 10-19-2014, 09:53 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Should really fly now
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Yes. that seems to be very minor... Why the slice 'n dice?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Should really fly now
          It will have to fly, without a gas tank or rear tires! Almost as fast as I can put the body parts outside the garage, some Bosnians come by in a pickup truck and cart them away for scrap metal. The roof and windshield were taken off separately, in less than 10 minutes. The back third took a lot longer. The next cut will be across the body, at the front of the hole for the shifter. But I still have a few parts to pull, like the steering rack, wiper motor assembly, brake vacuum thingy, etc.

Front knuckles and brakes are worth saving, but the rear brakes were ridiculously rusty, tho they functioned well. Had trouble getting the backing plate bolts off, so decided to forget it. All that Ohio and Indiana rust. Still, Matthew lasted for ~200K miles, and many parts of him will live on, here and there. Now I'm down to four cars.

Edit: Dan was nice enough to loan me his engine hoist with leveler. Gonna use it tmw, hopefully.
          Last edited by TominMO; 10-19-2014, 10:10 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Holy crap!
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Hey tom hows that carpet? I was gunna buy new but.....
              Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
                Hey tom hows that carpet? I was gunna buy new but.....
                Lol
                It's history. Wasn't in bad shape, but I wanted the car gone ASAP so I just cut thru it.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• Yea you never really know how extensive the damage is until you start knocking off the bad stuff...usually in an attempt to fix it but usually they're just too far gone. Gotta stay ahead of it before it becomes a problem. Bubbling paint means there's a 8" rust spot underneath, if it's ate clear thru you might as well start looking for new panels, or a new car.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                  X