No announcement yet.

W4RKRY's '91 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to PA all the way from IL to visit my Friend who was working an internship. While I was down there, I had my car reviewed by RegualrCarReviews on youtube! You can check it out here:

We review one of the smelled Fords, which isn't really a Ford. The good thing is, if it weren't for this car, the Fiesta wouldn't exist today.

And a short POV drive here:

Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

I then took the JDMSTIVA Autocrossing! Stock everything. I got dead last. It was a ton of fun!

Here is my run at Parkland College Autocross on 9/4/2016. I got Last if anyone is curious, and 53/56 after PAX. I will post the time sheets when I have them....
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

After that AutoX, I officially ruined my front wheel bearings and at least one CV axle. I then blew a brake line not 2 days later. With only a month left, I began to make repairs in preparation for Festiva Madness 10, another very long journey for my car.

I want to thank William, Paul, and Dennis for helping me get back on the road. Without you knowledge and parts, I would not have made the trip!

The Passenger CV ended up being the hardest part of the job. We ended up just leaving the cup in the transmission and replacing the rest with slightly used parts and new grease.
        Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Then, My Girlfriend and I traveled with a Convoy of Festivas, after leaving IL and heading to Indianapolis. The rest of my FMX adventure is outlined in this Imgur album. It contains at least 1 picture of every Festiva in attendance!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like w4rkry.
          Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

My experience with budget paint is that as long as you get a decent surface for the paint to stick to and you lay the paint on flat, making it look nice come in when finishing. Like if you spray on red rust-oleum it's going to orange peel like a MF regardless how much prep you put into the body. Where you get results on cheap paint is wet sanding and buffing. You can get it to a glass reflection with the right amount of time. And if you don't like the red, it only cost ~50 dollars in materials.
            Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

If you're gonna spray paint go with ace rust stop the best spray paint I've ever used when festiver was a flat black/greyish that was no prep no cleaning and 30° weather and 95% of it stuck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
              Festiver
              93 L find/5 speed
              BP/g15mr swapped
              Aspire brake swapped
              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
              stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
              rustful
              maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
              advanced suspension
              kai/skeeter camber
              b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

I will probably end up using a middle of the road paint for the new car. Spray gun with paint that will last longer than spray cans but not going to be $800 in materials.
                Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

You can buy rust-oleum in a gallon. No point buying premium color when you could just trade your shell for a clean red one that is already red. Most spray cans don't last because of prep.
                  Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

For spray cans, try Montana Black, Montana Gold and MTN 94 .

Montana Black is high pressure spray with matt finish, Gold is low pressure spray with gloss finish, MTN 94 is high pressure spray with gloss finish with bonus vanilla scent. All high quality paint, with heaps of pigment - one coat is equal to two or three coats of most other spray cans.

Comment

William and theastronaut are helping me get my paint job sorted out, but thank you guys for the extra ideas.

Vanilla scent? Is that on purpose? Lol
                      Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                        William and theastronaut are helping me get my paint job sorted out, but thank you guys for the extra ideas.

Vanilla scent? Is that on purpose? Lol
                        I think they do it so can be used indoors, enclosed spaces etc. Probably still as toxic as other paint fumes, but with no bitter aftertaste.

Comment

So another mod that I did a while back that I never really followed up on:

Pedal Covers.

With my incurable attraction to cheap JDM / Rice mods, I bought a set of "Titanium racing pedals". Or, in reality, 3 mm aluminum plates anodized with gold and purple.

These were $25 and came with the worst mounting system ever to exist for a critical set of vehicle control systems.

However, after ditching the included mounts, bending the covers to better match Festiva pedals, and adding some JB weld, they are on for good.

Now, after installation, I found that these actually provide a huge advantage: it is much easier to "Heel-toe" now. Although this is a more modern version of heel-toe, where you have half of your foot on the brakes and half on the gas while your heel remains on the ground.

Because of the extra tab the gas pedal cover gives you, it makes it much easier to get your foot to fit on both pedals with decent contact patch.

For this reason, I would totally recommend these pedals to anyone who wants to heel toe a little easier, especially if your feet aren't quite wide enough on stock pedals.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                          Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Time for some plastics mods!

First, I have map pockets, in Black!

I found these at the junkyard on a Chevy (Geo) Tracker. They are pretty easy to find. Once you take (or rip) the thin doorcards off, the pockets are simply held in with a few screws. Pop them out, transfer to a Festiva, done!

Here are some pics

Last edited by w4rkry; 01-14-2017, 10:12 PM.
                            Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Next Plastic Mod:

Front Lip!

This is the front valence from a first gen (82-93) Chevy S10. I bough mine on Amazon for only 16 dollars, which is almost cheaper than a garden edging bumper.

I then trimmed the edges to be about as short as the factory bumper. I drilled a couple extra mounting holes, and used the Festiva's stock bumper screw locations and put a bolt and nut through them. I Finished by zip-tieing the edges of the lip up to the supports. This allows the lip to flex when I hit a curb or large snowbank or what have you.

If any one wants more info or pics, I would be happy to provide them.

Onto the pics!

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Don't forget your Mazda front end swap lol looking great man

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                                Festiver
                                93 L find/5 speed
                                BP/g15mr swapped
                                Aspire brake swapped
                                Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                                stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                                rustful
                                maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                                advanced suspension
                                kai/skeeter camber
                                b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                                X