• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
    Don't forget your Mazda front end swap lol looking great man

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Haha Yes, those pics are coming! It's a long story to type out
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
      Ohh that's how you're going about it lol nice

Festiver
      93 L find/5 speed
      BP/g15mr swapped
      Aspire brake swapped
      Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
      stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
      rustful
      maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
      advanced suspension
      kai/skeeter camber
      b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Perhaps it's easier just to 3D scan the grill and provide link to STL file?
        Last edited by reddragon; 01-14-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
          Perhaps it's easier just to 3D scan the grill and provide link to STL file?
          That is actually my plan. I am working with my friends to get access to a handy scan. Really hoping it works out, been thinking about some ideas since I bought it.
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

First thing I thought of when I saw it was a Ford Laser TX3 grill. I assume you are looking to make a Festiva version of it?

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
              First thing I thought of when I saw it was a Ford Laser TX3 grill. I assume you are looking to make a Festiva version of it?
              I saw that before, it is very similar. I'm not sure I quite know what you are asking. The grille is already made, I just want to scan it so It can be reproduced
              Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Just where you said you were thinking ideas since you bought it, I assumed you had a different version in mind.
                All good mate, it would be great if you end up having it scanned!

Comment

Oh, probably no different versions. The current one fits great and works well. The only thing I plan on changing maybe the light mounting system. I have no Idea what the lights came off of, so replacements would be difficult, and I want to upgrade to HID with Halos.
                  I will put the story about finding them up tomorrow probably.
                  Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Here are all my Black parts together.

Tracker door pockets and pull handle, Miata (and many others) Black window crank (exact same mold as stock) and I have black handles on the way (Rx7, 323, B series trucks, etc, exact same mold again)

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Are you going to paint the Door Handle black as well?
                      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                      sigpic
                      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                        Are you going to paint the Door Handle black as well?
                        I have black handles on the way. None of it is painted, it's all factory black plastic

- Korean Note 4 via Tapatalk -
                        Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

I have black handles on the way. None of it is painted, it's all factory black plastic

Sounds like you're sourcing rare parts are you against painting?

Festiver
                          93 L find/5 speed
                          BP/g15mr swapped
                          Aspire brake swapped
                          Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                          stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                          rustful
                          maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                          advanced suspension
                          kai/skeeter camber
                          b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Yes, I am importing stuff again haha 😆
                            I am officially a rare parts collector!

I don't like to paint plastics that get touched a lot, too easy to scratch and chip, even with flex additives or special plastic paint. Plus, handles are very hard to paint and keep from getting it in the hinge.

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

The 121 Grille

I was just sitting around in my room, googling for Mazda 121 parts. I had been searching every so often on Ebay international, trying to get a hold of a Mazda 121 rear bumper, as they are much thinner than the USDM counterparts.

Most every night ended unsuccessfully. The one or two parts I did find were either the same as US spec or built for 2nd generation 121s.

All up until I came across an ad. It was a 3rd party ebay crawler site that I don't recall. There was 2 little blurry pictures of a grille, with 4 round headlights.
                              The listing was from Greece. The seller was a shop that sold KDM and JDM parts sourced from scrapyards.
                              The description was frighteningly simple:

"Mazda 121 front grille mask. Fit 1993."

The 2nd picture however, had the unmistakable curves of Festiva marker lights. The price was reasonable, along with a "Make an Offer".

I decided it was worth the risk of not fitting, and pulled the trigger.
                              At around 9 PM, I put in an offer for $20 under listed price. It was 5 am in Greece. I sent a message asking for more details. And went to bed.

I woke up the next Morning to one of the happiest messages I have ever received from Ebay:
                              "Offer for Mazda 121 Front Grille Mask Accepted"

The next few days were a lot of back-and-forths between me and the seller.

I learned that he had no Idea about the grille's origins. He had acquired it when he bought another warehouse from a similar company. The owner there had found it years ago and had almost no details. The few identifying numbers returned no relevant results when searched.

He gave me multiple opportunities to change my mind for a refund. But I had decided it was worth the risk already. So began the long wait for shipping.

It arrived around a month later. It is not a factory option for sure. It was press formed, not injection molded.
                              It was formed in black plastic and painted in Red, then at some point painted Metallic Dark Grey, as it sits now.
                              The lights are round Hella Sealed Beams. The #s match the part numbers for Euro BMW E21/E30 lights. The mount system is much different, however. I have no idea what vehicle they come from originally. More research is needed.
                              Outside pair is low beam, insides are High beam.
                              The MAZDA badge part number appears to match an RX7 Trunk badge.
                              The Corner light lenses part #s match with standard Clear AUS Mazda 121 corner lights.
                              It mounts in the same locations as the stock grille, with screw holes used instead of the plastic clips.

If anyone has any information on these grilles, please let me know.
                              If anyone would like me to do any more specific searching on the grille or part numbers, please ask!

Now of course, enjoy these pictures!!

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Great write up!
                                Ben Rogers, Admin of the
                                Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
                                '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
                                '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
                                '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

Working...
                                X