No announcement yet.

Meepersly's 88 festiva build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to drive it today! Just around the parking lot. I'm putting a new oil pan gasket on.

New video of it:
    It runs! I drove it around the parking lot but couldn't drive it for long. I need to replace the oil pan gasket. I'm so happy I finally got it driving going ...
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Good! Are you missing your exhaust? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
        Good! Are you missing your exhaust? Lol

Yes there is a lack of a b8 exhaust. Not sure if I should try my stock festiva exhaust due to how small a diameter pipe it has. Of I took the muffler off it probably would be fine due to there being no cat

Comment

Yeah, that should be fine. It'll sound like an old farm tractor though.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-28-2015, 04:14 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

That's OK I plan to get headers and exhaust installed soon

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
              Yes there is a lack of a b8 exhaust. Not sure if I should try my stock festiva exhaust due to how small a diameter pipe it has. Of I took the muffler off it probably would be fine due to there being no cat
              If your doing a whole exhaust system soon then the stock will be fine for now as long as you have a pipe in there where the cat was for now. I removed mine and shoved a piece of pipe in there but it fell out and it was so loud i put the car back in...

Comment

I may have bigger problems than exhaust. I took it for a drive and half way through I checked my oil. It was half the range on the dipstick and it sounded like it had lifter tick in the head. I took it back and it started stalling on the last streach. The oil light never came on but when I checked my dipstick in the low light it looked like I had none on the stick. It might be burning it but I'm not sure yet. It was smoky when I let it sit but I figured that was all the engine degreaser burning off.
                Last edited by Meepersly; 10-28-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Some of those turbos are pretty sensitive to oil return design and pressure - volume going in. Of course anything that could cause a negative pressure to the inlet air you have looked for ?
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Its not turbocharged.

Comment

Oops but that is not good. Pull the pcv out or unhook the pcv orifice and try it. Hopefully some thing easy. Make sure oil is not getting pushed out of the valve cover into the air inlet. Anything else is deeper..
                      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Yeah hopefully that is it it would be great if it is something so simple.

Comment

For an engine with 137,00iles you would link most everything would be fine on it. It has power. Lots of it! So its getting good compression. If it isn't the pcv possibly the valve stem seals? Or maybe a gasket? I'll have to wait tuntil tomorrow and take a look

Comment

I don't know much about b8s but, a b3 with a bad front main and stuck pcv gets pretty greasy after a while. And only leaks when cranked.

Sent from my ALCATEL A845L using Tapatalk

Comment

You describe loosing at least half a quart of oil in a short drive. That has to be a leak somewhere. Even if it is burning oil it won't go that fast.
                              Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                              Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Dumb question but how long are you waiting after shutdown to check it?
                                If the oil is confirmed low on the dipstick after its sat for 10 min and it was confirmed full AFTER running a minute after you added this oil then check your muffler for oil and crawl under the engine to check for leaks. Oil pan gaskets not properly installed can leak fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X