No announcement yet.

TWFodor's B8me Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey no problem! I'm glad it is back on the road! I may take you up on your offer at some point
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Well my B8 appears to have internal issues. Could be trashed. I'll try and pull the head tomorrow evening after work and see if I can find out whats happening.
      1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
      2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

Comment

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
        Well my B8 appears to have internal issues. Could be trashed. I'll try and pull the head tomorrow evening after work and see if I can find out whats happening.
        Lane and I can help you rebuild it over a weekend. We will bring it and you down to the shop for a couple days and get it worked out.
        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
        Feel free to PM me anytime!
        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Check out my new build here:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...T-My-New-Build!

I will most likely update this thread once I know exactly what happened to the B8, but for now the car is off to bigger and better things.
          Last edited by TWFodor; 03-07-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Here are some pictures of the damage to the B8.

Comment

Ahhh, the effects of pre-ignition.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

That's really bad pre ignition. I'd guess it had multiple causes. Did the engine overheat?
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It got pretty hot shortly after putting it in due to my overflow tank's hose being clogged but its been running quite cold ever since. Had no heat this winter, either. We did pull bits of metal out of the cylinder and the spark plug was bent after hearing the knock. Once we took out the metal, the knock was much quieter.

Could pre-igniton cause there to be oil in the cylinder like there is? It was smoking and running with a horrible miss as well.
                  Last edited by TWFodor; 03-21-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

The oil is possibly the guide seals and or if the engine got hot enough, I could have ruined the oil control ring pack.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Detonation (the most extreme form of pre ignition) will break pieces of piston off and it'll crack the pistons in between the ring lands. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those pistons is cracked between the ring lands.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Could this be caused by his loose timing belt? And causing lots a timing advance ?
                        When I went up to Ricks we went and seen Tyler I noticed his tbelt was rather loose.

Comment

That's true, it was quite loose. But whats strange is it drove fine that same morning on the way to work. Didn't seem down on power at all, and I didn't really beat on it. As soon as I started it up after work the knock was there and it was smoking and missing. I'm not sure what detonation sounds like, though.

Comment

Bad spark knock sounds like someone shaking a can of marbles this would usly happy say going up hill in 5th gear if you apply lots or throttle. My car used to ping on 86 so I pulled a bit of timing. 87 octane it was fine.
                            Last edited by william; 03-21-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X