Just another build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
    ^ True, but to get it, peak power is over 7K rpm, kinda harsh on a BP w/ stock bore/stroke/rod ratio......
    This is a b6d though.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by dliverance View Post
      Hi gang. I'm going to be taking about a 3 month break from working on the festiva. I was able to get it started this week however I was unable to get it dialed in. Unfortunately, I wont be around to work on it due to some personal circumstances. My girlfriend and I are about to be traveling cross country while we look for a state to call home. We will be living in our rv for at least 2 months.

I will continue to check in on you guys when internet permits. Hopefully I will have some news soon.

I was pretty bummed out about not being able to tow the festiva around as a commuter. I just ran out of time. My girlfriend did something I couldn't imagine though. She bought me something to drive and autox while we are on the road. It's in no way a replacement for my festiva but it's still pretty awesome. Once we get settled in I plan on daily driving it and my truck while I work on the festiva. Hopefully it wont be too long before I'm back wrenching on it.

Here's the new car.

I've never seen the hardtop on one of those! Awesome little car!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        This is a b6d though.
        Yes, I caught that later, and yes I've made that kind of power at the wheels with one, but it requires compression as well as cams, 100 octane or E-85.
        I think his goal is more realistic.
        No car too fast !

Comment

• Originally posted by dliverance View Post
          Hi gang. I'm going to be taking about a 3 month break from working on the festiva. I was able to get it started this week however I was unable to get it dialed in. Unfortunately, I wont be around to work on it due to some personal circumstances. My girlfriend and I are about to be traveling cross country while we look for a state to call home. We will be living in our rv for at least 2 months.

I will continue to check in on you guys when internet permits. Hopefully I will have some news soon.

I was pretty bummed out about not being able to tow the festiva around as a commuter. I just ran out of time. My girlfriend did something I couldn't imagine though. She bought me something to drive and autox while we are on the road. It's in no way a replacement for my festiva but it's still pretty awesome. Once we get settled in I plan on daily driving it and my truck while I work on the festiva. Hopefully it wont be too long before I'm back wrenching on it.

Here's the new car.

I am so sorry!
          But I guess someone has to do it
          Brilliant Girlfriend BTW
          No car too fast !

Comment

• Dang I totally missed the 1600cc displacement bit about the engine​... I retract my previous statement.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
              Yes, I caught that later, and yes I've made that kind of power at the wheels with one, but it requires compression as well as cams, 100 octane or E-85.
              I think his goal is more realistic.
              Yeah, that was with a lot of internal work. Way more than I was comfortable doing to a car that I want to be comfortably streetable.

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
              I am so sorry!
              But I guess someone has to do it
              Brilliant Girlfriend BTW
              It's all good. I'll be getting back to the festiva soon enough and yeah, the gf is pretty swell.

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              I've never seen the hardtop on one of those! Awesome little car!
              They're a hoot to drive. I'll have it in AZ instead of my festiva. You'll be able to drive it.

Comment

• I'm about 15% into our trip now. In utah visiting the gf's family. I cant wait to be settled into our new home and working on my festiva again.

Comment

• any pics of the front of the car with the installed lip? Really debating if i should get one of these this looks great man

Comment

• I do have one. I'll try to get it uploaded when I have better reception. I'm in the middle of nowhere Utah right now and the Wi-Fi at this rv park is horrendously slow.

Comment

Working...
                    X