Alice and The Festicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice and The Festicle

Doing this a bit late, but I'm gonna just do a quick catch up.
    Alice:image.jpg
    Bought her the day before my birthday in 2015
    Had a lot of fun with her
    image.jpg
    And eventually wrecked her. That's kind of my thing with cars. I have undoubtedly the worst driving record
    image.jpg
    Anyway, I got to work righting my wrongs
    image.jpg
    In the process of looking for a donor, I found this little gem my friends loving named "The Festicle". I also found it quite suiting
    image.jpg
    PO said it was leaking oil into the cooling system. What I make of that is he had a bad head gasket, replaced it, forgot to flush out the heater core, and oil flowed back in to the system from there, because in my rebuild, I pressure tested the block and head and they checked out ok.
    Anyway, I've just finished painting and about to begin assembly.
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

LooKing Good!
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Just began stripping The Festicle for paint prep. The plan was to strip it down to the bones so I wouldn't really need to mask anything, but then I realized I should ask, What Hard-ToFind, non-reusable things (such as adhesive foam pads and fragile clips) should I mask off, instead of removing the items held on by such?

Comment

Things that infuriate me:
            image.jpg

Comment

Almost done stripping the interior on The Festicle
              image.jpg
              I've decided I'll paint it white, since that's how it came from the factory

Comment

Are these brackets structural? Or are they just for mounting the front seats? I'm quite tall, so I would like to mount my seat as low as possible, but they might be in the way. I would like to remove or alter them if they are.
                image.jpg

Comment

They are for keeping the intrusion of a side impact less. I would keep them. Or get rid of them and replace with something stronger.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes those are structural. They tie directly to the door sill and keep the floor from sagging.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Would it be a good idea to make two more trusses for each side (left/right), place them on each side of the factory trusses (front/back), and then remove the factory ones? My new ones would probably of slightly thicker steel, but lower profile to allow more room. I think that would be stronger with lateral crush without adding too much twist resistance for chassis flex

Comment

If you can tie the new ones in first, that should do the trick. You could also U channel from the subframe laterally to the tunnel and then to the pinch weld. But for/aft placement would need serious consideration.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I don't know that I'm quite to the level of constructing a welding in a U channel without warpage, but I can certainly attach new ones with spotwelds like the old ones.

Comment

So I can find this later:

Comment

Just pressure washed the engine bay
                              image.jpg
                              Some rust on the LL rails from the battery.
                              image.jpg
                              How should I go about cleaning this up? Paint stripper, rinse, scrub with water and baking soda, apply POR15 rust inhibitor, then paint?
                              Also, starting to find rust in the seams.
                              image.jpg
                              Suggestions? Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                              X