Alice and The Festicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B3T build threads:

Show your racing trophies, 1/4 mile time slips and discuss other sanctioned racing sessions (includes auto-x, drag racing, 1/8 mile slips, etc)

A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

So I can find later

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

Civic/Integra Short Shifter Thread

Comment

Shifter Bushing Repair

Comment

Shoulder Bolt Shifter Joint

Comment

Shifter Brace Trans Bushing
              Kia Part# 0B092 46041

Comment

Just ordered 50^2ft of Kilmat from Amazon. Just under $60

Comment

Making some progress with the deadener. Pretty much done with the left door, hatch, roof, and rear wheel wells. The right quarter panel was fairly easy. The left side is harder because of evap and the filler neck. The rubber is a bit stiff and I don't feel like dropping the tank just for a tiny bit more room, so I'm just gonna slip the evap out of the way and work around the filler neck.
                  How long does it take TFS to ship things to California? I ordered some tail light gaskets last week

Comment

On my car the filler neck and all those hoses were pretty easy to remove. Made it much easier to do the sound deadner.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where-to-rustproof-a-festiva

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                        On my car the filler neck and all those hoses were pretty easy to remove. Made it much easier to do the sound deadner.

Well, it wasn't easy and idk if it would've been easier, but I got it done. I'll come to that fork in the road again on my next one and see what I do then

Comment

Bought 2 12sqft boxes of 1/2" DynaLiner from amazon, ~$73/each. That was a bit more than enough for both doors and the roof. I think I'll need 5-7 more boxes. Waiting to put deadener and insulation on the floor until I'm done with all other areas so I don't tear it up while crawling around.

Comment

Today I pulled my dashboard out of the garage to see if there are any tight clearances where I shouldn't put insulation or deadener, then I thought I should ask,
                            While I have my dash out, is there any maintenance I should do on it? Oil the HVAC cables? Condition any plastic ducting? Do anything to the cluster?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_RallyX_82 View Post
                              Today I pulled my dashboard out of the garage to see if there are any tight clearances where I shouldn't put insulation or deadener, then I thought I should ask,
                              While I have my dash out, is there any maintenance I should do on it? Oil the HVAC cables? Condition any plastic ducting? Do anything to the cluster?
                              Post 1-4, 7 and 58 in my build thread have sound deadning photos. I dont believe i had any clearance issues with the dash, you can have a look at what i did if you like. While everything is out is a good time to vaccum and blow out your heater box and ac evaporater. maybe install a cabin air filter if you like, i did. You can lube your steering joints if thats a thing, lowering your steering wheel is easy at this point if you want to. Replace any dash or hvac lights that are burnt out, that kind of thing. If your cluster jumps around you can clean it with wd40. Makes a huge difference. I always thought my problem was the cable. I domt know anything about conditioning plastic, we dont get enough sun to worry about it. But if you want to know more about anything else just ask, lol

Comment

What did you do for drainage on the floor? It looks like the deadener is covering the holes

Comment

Working...
                                X