No announcement yet.

Alice and The Festicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the rear glass out. Just lay it down somewhere soft, press on one corner with your boot and pull up on the metal, then work the rubber around. I used my plastic trim tool set. I knew it would be more handy than advertised
    image.jpg
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

Trying to scrape off the factory insulation. This crap is a lot tougher than I expected. Soaking it with acetone helped a little bit, but there must be an easier way to do this...
      image.jpg

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

Heat gun/hair dryer?
        Thin putty knife like you use for drywall.
        Blow compressed air underneath.
        Air chisel....

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you done it like that before? Not gonna use an air chisel. I want this floor pan to stay straight

Comment

Yes, but mine came off super easy, i just pulled it up by hand and a shop vac, no tools. Probably to do with the climate...
            The air chisel was a bit of a joke. I couldnt think of the name of the tool i was thinking of. Made by dremel. Multimax or something? Basically a vibrating sharpened putty knife.

Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-19-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Oh, like an oscillating blade or something?

Comment

In case anyone else needs to know, this little pin has a clip around it
                image.jpg
                image.jpg
                WD40, gently work it back and forth with a small hammer, and it will pop out. Catch it when it does. I almost lost mine
                Does anyone know if there is a place to buy a new rubber guide that goes around the roll up windows?

Comment

What's up with this clear(ish) plastic piece on the door pillar? Is it just supposed to block air flow or something?image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_RallyX_82 View Post
                    Oh, like an oscillating blade or something?
                    Yes. I saw an advertisement a long time ago where they were removing tiles with one. I think its this.

Does anyone know if there is a place to buy a new rubber guide that goes around the roll up windows?
                    Fourgreen iirc. Thats where i plan to try to order mine from.

What's up with this clear(ish) plastic piece on the door pillar? Is it just supposed to block air flow or something?[ATTACH=CONFIG]21596[/ATTACH]
                    Airflow, but mostly dust. I just used vapor barrier and tuc tape. i just used foil tape over smaller holes.

Comment

I got rid of all the stock vapor barriers.
                      I used Cosella-Dorken vapor barrier.
                      It's sexy + it reflects cold or heat inward.
                      I just ran a bead of removable draft sealant around the perimeter and stuck it on.

I did an entire room on top of a garage with this stuff.
                      Before I put the blueboard on, it felt like stepping inside a flying saucer.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 10-20-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

I don't think a tool like that will go very neatly through all the ridges and valleys... so I'll keep looking for another method.
                        I like the simplicity of dumping the factory crap and starting over.

Comment

The Festicle, Officially renamed "Aurora"
                          Last edited by Sid_RallyX_82; 06-05-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

So I can find later:
                            2001 Rio Strut Mounts

Comment

Aside from pulling a factory strut mount from a scrap car at the yard, would you guys recommend any particular brand or is This Cheapy from O'reilly good enough?

Comment

I have only tried one brand which were the cheapest I could find on Ebay and they are still working over a year later.
                                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                                sigpic
                                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X