X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
    Thanks!

I do now, I put them on last week!

I need to get a set of the bump stops for my car, I have not put on the new wheels yet and haven't changed the camber so I scrub the back wheels too easily. :nightmare:
    Last edited by firebush357; 06-20-2017, 05:44 AM.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
      I need to get a set of the bump stops for my car, I have not put on the new wheels yet and haven't changed the camber so I scrub the back wheels too easily. :nightmare:
      You're almost to the top of the camber list!
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
        Color me excited
        Last edited by w4rkry; 06-20-2017, 12:41 PM.
        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
        Feel free to PM me anytime!
        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
          Sweet! Just Tell me where to send the Money!
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Another look at things to come!
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Got a clean KJ Blue fender from a Festiva in the JY that had been scheduled to be scrapped this week. I had already pulled a lot from it in the past few months.

I used a few stickers from my growing collection to do a better Stickerbomb for V2. Here are the results!

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Due to some hold-ups with paint and engine work, parts for V2 continue to get made... then promptly stuck onto V1, lol. At any rate, I figure this thread deserves some updates.

First, that Beautiful spoiler has been painted to match my planned theme. Red/Gold/Charcoal metallic. The spoiler received the latter of the 3:

I had gotten some power mirrors a long time ago from my JY.
                They were pretty scratched up. I used a bit of JB weld as filler, sanded them all smooth, and then painted them in the charcoal metallic as well.

The wheels finally got some proper rubbers put on. Achilles ATR-K 165/55/R14.

Last edited by w4rkry; 10-25-2017, 01:54 PM.
                Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

After 2 years of waiting for the right day and the right price, I finally have the 2nd best pair of lights ever fitted to the Mazda DA Platform: Partial Faded USDM Clears!

Much better than those plastidip black things I had before...

Here they are mounted up with the now Charcoal spoiler and a new Muffler

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

I managed to find some LED trailer accessory lights that I modified to be Clear lens LED turn signals. They weren't quite the look I want, nor have I fully fixed the hyper flash, so consider them temporary. When I put in the style I really want, I will be making a write-up.

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                      I managed to find some LED trailer accessory lights that I modified to be Clear lens LED turn signals. They weren't quite the look I want, nor have I fully fixed the hyper flash, so consider them temporary. When I put in the style I really want, I will be making a write-up.
                      I came across these recently, apparently they fix hyperflash - https://www.jaycar.com.au/relay-flas...r-12v/p/SY4018

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                        I came across these recently, apparently they fix hyperflash - https://www.jaycar.com.au/relay-flas...r-12v/p/SY4018
                        That's what I plan on buying, but I need to make sure they fit the Festiva Pin-out first. And our flasher relay is under the dash...Behind the ECU... not very easy to mess with :/
                        Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

I tried washing my NRG Steering wheel after it started getting a little grimey.
                          Using only Hot water and soap, the leather started falling apart
                          The wheel ended up looking pretty gross after that. So the hunt began for a replacement.

Most good looking wheels from reputable brands were well over $250, which I really didn't have.

That's when I found the perfect vintage wheel.

Made in 1991, it was an aftermarket MOMO with a thick leather & hard foam rim. The seller had the wheel in Poland and said he bought it from Japan.
                          It was very large for an aftermarket wheel at 380mm. I didn't mind the extra size, as it would make parking lot maneuvering easier.
                          It even had a removable Horn Pad with Red leather stripes!

It had MOMOs much older 4 bolt pattern instead of the modern 6 bolt wheels. I bough a new hub adapter and custom drilled it to fit the 4 bolt wheel. It was not very dished, and hit the factory 90+ stalks.

I decided it would be best to make a spacer for it. With a couple measurements, Nate (skeeters_keeper) machined a custom Aluminum spacer for me.

With the spacer made, and longer bolts ordered, I was able to install my new wheel!

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Hey man! Is that white tach cluster going in jdmstiva v1 or v2? I'm super interested in seeing how all your parts come together

Comment

Originally posted by Festivaranch View Post
                              Hey man! Is that white tach cluster going in jdmstiva v1 or v2? I'm super interested in seeing how all your parts come together
                              The Orange tach that is currently in V1 will be transferred to V2, I actually put a lot of work into it, see this thread: LED Tach Conversion

The white one will be put on backup duty for now, I will likely fully restore it, LED Mod it, polish it and save it for future projects.

I have a big backlog of parts I have collected for V2 that I need to post to update this thread, I have been Lazy!
                              Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Would you please give me some information about this spoiler. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X