No announcement yet.

SHO's ARE slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That whole story reads as fictional, seriously. How about you guy's post what your cars run in the quarter? may spread some light on things? My pos Grand Prix runs 13.97 @99.7. Next?
    Just a Pontiac

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: just admit it man this never happened...i would run you anyday just to show you that you "festiva" would never be sufficient enough to beat a sho. I can almost bet i can beat that thing with a moped. However i am not here to bash on your vehicle i am here to say that you will never beat a sho with that "thing" :wink: i understand that you could have built up your vehicle, but it will take a mirracle to take your festiva rollin on rims the size of that on a scooter to take a sho. Sorry to ran on your parade fellas i am just defending my car and the fast that you did not beat it...if i have affended your pimp'd out festiva;s in any way i am sorry i am just here to say that this story is b/s and if it is in fact true then i appologize and say good job for creating one hell of a festiva. but dude it must have been one hell of a smokeshow to pop that tire. If you do line up again against a sho could you please film the run? i would be interested in seeing that...well that is all i have come here to say have a good night gentlemen...and no jabs were meant to be made at your car just the story and i hope i have not pissed any of you off

Comment

Originally posted by huntervf
        The Yamahammer V6 was indeed built 100% by Yamaha in Japan. The block shares the basic dimensions of the Vulcan but that is all... the engine is it's own entity and is 100% rice :lol:

It was assembled in Japan, crated and shipped to Atlanta GA where it was dropped into the Taurus. IIRC the techs at the plant weren't even supposed to mess with the engine, just install them.
        OK, that's basically what I was trying to say. The 3.0 and 3.2 SHO engines share the Vulcan block architecture. I guess it didn't come across well. My apologies.

and, like I said, my source was a Yamaha engineer, who spoke broken english, about 8 or 9 years ago. He was at the proving grounds trouble shooting a "concerned" 3.4L. He was pretty upset that day, too....

oh, and if you've ever met any of the 'techs' at Ford's assembly plants, you'd wonder how the cars could even be driven of the line instead of pushed. The wonders of the UAW....
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I'm not defending anyone, but there are a few Festiva's here that turn high 12's - low 13's and I am definitely a SHO fan but even the SHOgun wasn't that fast. That's not to say you couldn't make them allot faster, but High 14s - mid 15's isn't that fast.

here's a 12.77 run..

Comment

A SHOgun in the right hands is a 12 second car ;-)
            Jason

http://members.cardomain.com/yamahasho

Comment

Originally posted by yamahaSHO
              I'll race your Festiva.... But you won't win...
              I checked out your cardomain. Real nice and I bet it's fast. You could say the above comment to most anyone anywhere with any car and it would be true but Evogun has an SR20DET 4wd Festiva. It would be a great race but I think he would get you.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
              BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
              BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
              New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
                The Yamahammer V6 was indeed built 100% by Yamaha in Japan. The block shares the basic dimensions of the Vulcan but that is all... the engine is it's own entity and is 100% rice :lol:

It was assembled in Japan, crated and shipped to Atlanta GA where it was dropped into the Taurus. IIRC the techs at the plant weren't even supposed to mess with the engine, just install them.
                OK, that's basically what I was trying to say. The 3.0 and 3.2 SHO engines share the Vulcan block architecture. I guess it didn't come across well. My apologies.

and, like I said, my source was a Yamaha engineer, who spoke broken english, about 8 or 9 years ago. He was at the proving grounds trouble shooting a "concerned" 3.4L. He was pretty upset that day, too....

oh, and if you've ever met any of the 'techs' at Ford's assembly plants, you'd wonder how the cars could even be driven of the line instead of pushed. The wonders of the UAW....
                The only real thing the SHO block shares with the Vulcan block is the bore/stroke and bell housing. Yamaha dumped the Vulcan block.
                Jason

Comment

A SHOgun in the right hands is a 12 second car ;-)
                  True.. not that big of a hurdle for the SHOgun.

Comment

I already have a race(*cough* Victim) in Vancouver this spring/summer with sho_bc. I will video it. Keep tuned folks!

PS: Any one else is welcome to come down in the area and see the race.

Comment

The only real thing the SHO block shares with the Vulcan block is the bore/stroke and bell housing. Yamaha dumped the Vulcan block.
                      ok, I'll buy that. I never was very 'up' on SHOs. They hardly ever broke, so I didn't see them in my dealers too often.
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

They hardly ever broke
                        I didn't know a SHO could be anything but broke....
                        Jason

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN
                          Holy Crap attack of the SHO forums! I find it funny ppl jump forums just to defend a car THAT WOULD LOSE TO MY FESTIVA, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!

By the way I do like the SHO. Well the engine that is!

personally i think id rather have a sho engine wrapped in a taurus then a festivia,but thats just a personal opinion on the other hand though you say you can beat the tauri sho but by how much?,you had to swap engines just to beat a sho by a half a car length

or did you do a quote "fly by"...........trust me in my integra ive beat everything from a vette to a viper by doing fly by's
                          got a yamahammer

Comment

^^In a Festiva you have to swap engines to beat pretty much anything over 4 cylinders.. Getting over 100hp out of a B3 is too costly considering the swap alternatives.

Don't confuse EVO with the author of this thread, EVO's kind of in a group of 1. The only Nissan SR20DET all wheel drive Festiva in the world. That engine stock puts out 205hp\203ftlbs of torque and is easliy boosted to 250hp all wrapped up in a sub 1800 lb car.. With AWD, surely it will hook up better than any of the fwd 12-13 second festivas.

Comment

They hardly ever broke
                              I didn't know a SHO could be anything but broke....
                              LOL ... engine hardly ever broke.

SR20DET AWD Festiva? Where do I sign up?? :shock:

And I too work for Ford... in Dearborn :wink:

Comment

really? cool. what division? CDSID? I used to work for FCSD/TSO now SEO. Ron Goldsberry, Craig Ashbacher, Dave McClain, and Darryl Hazel. I used to get confused w/ Steve DeAngelis in TSO and James DeAngelis in Canada often. I was an STI in the Philly/WashDC regions (once again now the MidAtlantic Market) under Dave Dodds. I left last month because I got a sweet offer to teach at a college.... better benefits and no travel.

sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
                                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
                                X