SHO's ARE slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xpnsyd
    Don't confuse EVO with the author of this thread, EVO's kind of in a group of 1. The only Nissan SR20DET all wheel drive Festiva in the world. That engine stock puts out 205hp\203ftlbs of torque and is easliy boosted to 250hp all wrapped up in a sub 1800 lb car.. With AWD, surely it will hook up better than any of the fwd 12-13 second festivas.
    Its actually 235 hp /215 tq the GTiR motor was a bit higher due to the better multi Tb's and T-28 single BB stock turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN

Its actually 235 hp /215 tq the GTiR motor was a bit higher due to the better multi Tb's and T-28 single BB stock turbo.

Comment

Now we are talking evo has my attention...that thing actually sounds real sweet do you have any videos of it? it sounds like a sweet little car...btw how big are these anyway in the pics that i saw in one of your signatures they look like i would slam my head on the ceiling...but evo sounds like he has his set up right lol whens he gunna help the rest of you set up your festivas like that...btw if i were to have one of these i would not try to pimp it i would more or less want to make it look alittle more clean. for exapmle in the pictures it seems like things more or less jut out and i think it would be cool to smooth it out and have it flow nice. between that and evos setup sounds like it could be a sweet car being light like a go cart,awd, turbo, sorry to highjact the thread fella's just had to give props where props are due :wink:

Comment

Check out the thread for pics if you want. mattswabb already posted the link but here it is again.

Its not done its going for paint and a larger snail in a bit. Some other small mods as well.

Comment

nothing but respect for you guys that are really running well.
            Just a Pontiac

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
              really? cool. what division? CDSID? I used to work for FCSD/TSO now SEO. Ron Goldsberry, Craig Ashbacher, Dave McClain, and Darryl Hazel. I used to get confused w/ Steve DeAngelis in TSO and James DeAngelis in Canada often. I was an STI in the Philly/WashDC regions (once again now the MidAtlantic Market) under Dave Dodds. I left last month because I got a sweet offer to teach at a college.... better benefits and no travel.

sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
              I think there are multiple hijacks going on here

Just started with PCG Campbell, working for SVT handling marketing and PR. Sadly Ford is really cutting back on SVT so we'll have to see where it all goes.

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                Don't confuse EVO with the author of this thread, EVO's kind of in a group of 1. The only Nissan SR20DET all wheel drive Festiva in the world. That engine stock puts out 205hp\203ftlbs of torque and is easliy boosted to 250hp all wrapped up in a sub 1800 lb car.. With AWD, surely it will hook up better than any of the fwd 12-13 second festivas.

oh joy, this is going to be a GREAT video :roll: hahaha ah well, not everyone will be able to say that they've had their ass handed to them by a festiva :lol:

there's a s/c sho in victoria that would probably be a better race than me.
                Red '89 SHO - seatcover mod.

Comment

Originally posted by mattswabb
                  Originally posted by yamahaSHO
                  I'll race your Festiva.... But you won't win...
                  I checked out your cardomain. Real nice and I bet it's fast. You could say the above comment to most anyone anywhere with any car and it would be true but Evogun has an SR20DET 4wd Festiva. It would be a great race but I think he would get you.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=646
                  Okay, we'll race to 180mph :-)

Thanks for the comments on the car!
                  Jason

http://members.cardomain.com/yamahasho

Comment

Originally posted by yamahaSHO

Okay, we'll race to 180mph :-)

Thanks for the comments on the car!
                    Your doing a nice job on your SHO.

I was thinking we could do a road course sense were going to 180mph? Whats 180 with out turns.

Comment

Your doing a nice job on your SHO.
                      Thanks!

I was thinking we could do a road course sense were going to 180mph? Whats 180 with out turns.

Sweet, road courses are my thing!!!

Click here to see Video

Click here to see Video

Click here to see Video

Lastly, me in a fairly stock SHO.

Click here to see Video
                      Jason

Comment

What road course is that? And have you ever raced a spec miata?? I just would want to compare lap times... I bet it would be interestingly close even to your overwelming power advantage... -Kyle
                        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
                          What road course is that? And have you ever raced a spec miata?? I just would want to compare lap times... I bet it would be interestingly close even to your overwelming power advantage... -Kyle
                          I did get my chance at a race prepped Miata with an instructor driver driving it (with no student) and he was slowing me down while driving my friends 3.2l normally aspirated SHO. In the turns, I was on his ass. In the straights, I had to let off the throttle halfway down the stretch. With the SC SHO, I am a tad faster than a modified NSX :-)

The track is Second Creek Raceway, but was closed a few months ago (when the videos were made) due to new housing developements.
                          Jason

Comment

No way that a Taurus SHO keeps up with a Spec Miata in a corner.. Being bold yes but no way you are cornerbalanced to 50/50 nor do you have the center of gravity a Miata does. I do completely believe you about the power. But no way were you on his ass unless the guy couldn't drive. Out of curiousity what tires do you run on course? I have Kumho Victoracers but I'm now ordering Kumho v710's... My buddy with a Spec Miata runs Toyo RA1's... -Kyle
                            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Actually, I did keep up with him in the turns. Aftermarket suspension, familiarization with the car, and a Quaife ATB lets you power threw turns. Yes, I did keep up with the car in the turns, and yes I was faster than him over all. I didn't happen to catch video of my run with the Miata, because I was taking my dad out for a ride around the track at the time. He was getting aggravated because the Miata would not let me pass.

Yes, the guy could drive and he was driving it. I have enough people around here that saw it (several times I might add), that I couldn't care less whether you believed me or not 8) After the first run, the instructor driver came up to me and said, "having fun are we".

If you don't believe it, keep it to yourself. I really don't feel like wasting my time on Internet BS. If you really want to see how a Taurus can handle on track, I've got plenty of videos of two of our SC SHO's taking out some Ferrari's, Porsches, Vettes, and the like.
                              Jason

Comment

Too bad your so far away, I'd love to run against you see how you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X