Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    For a pic of a pic of a video, that looks pretty good! It's awesome how well these cars handle even stock. Keep 'em coming!

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Sorry for the pic quality. Its a cell phone pic of a pic that was taken from video yeas ago. I have the video somewhere. This picture was printed from my cpu on regular paper and has been in the garage for years. I have pics of both wheels ( at different times) off of the ground. It was my wifes first autocross. It was completely stock except wheels. Motor and suspension were untouched and the car had about 175k on it. It was 07 or 08?
    Last edited by eurotiva; 04-03-2012, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Will do tonight

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
    is that r/r wheel off the ground?
    Oops, yeah the right rear is off the ground for sure, but if you look close it looks like you can see light under the left one too! That's what I thought you meant. Lol the inside wheel should be off the ground in any tight corner, but I don't know how both rears could be. I have a couple pics where the car is on the two outside wheels though.

Greg, stop teasing us! Post some of these pics and videos you speak of. This thread is boring with just my car!

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    We have a winner!!!!! Lolzzz

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    I have pics of mine with a wheel off of the ground....with my wife drivin !

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Yeah, it looked that way to me too, but I don't know how I would have accomplished that. It would have required some pretty intense braking, but I'm pretty far into the corner and I wasn't trail braking that hard. Hmmm. probably just an illusion.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaB6TG25MR
    replied
    is that r/r wheel off the ground?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    Got moar pictars yet? I'm fiending here bro..your stories are an inspiration to us all!
    Here are a couple more photos.

^ People don't usually show these photos! Lol. That's the difference with us Festiva people, no shame! I'm still cleaning the gravel out of tweak!

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Slowwwwww.... I mean, look! At 1:01 you see a mini van outrunning both of you! :evil4: Haha much respect, Charlie. You make us all proud here.

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    Got moar pictars yet? I'm fiending here bro..your stories are an inspiration to us all!

Leave a comment:

• festyfreak39
    replied
    the videos never get old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Thanks! I like hearing that. I do the same thing watching in car footage.
    I tuned VW's for years, from mk1 till mk5, and that was a huge reason why I was so attracted to tuning the festiva. When I saw the suspension layout and the chassis design of the little Ford, I could see that the engineers had addressed many of the inherent flaws of the early VW chassis, while also reducing the weight. Win-win! I had a chance to buy a very well built, turn key, 16v mk2 gti race car with spares and log book for $3500, but after seeing the Festiva chassis I'm not interested.
    I'm excited to continue developing these cars, and I'll do my best to help others do the same. I try to keep things as simple as possible, by making the best with what is readily available before moving on to "one off" racing parts. I believe that in order to truly build the ultimate version of any car, you must push the cars limits and improve the cars weaknesses while not hindering it's strengths. This is why I have started off with a very stock chassis.
    I'll continue to post videos and the progress of my research on this page. I hope it encourages others to improve their cars for whatever they enjoy doing with them.

Leave a comment:

• Skrapbob
    replied
    When I was a kid in the 70's, early 80's, we had an annual scca race that stopped through Goddard Ks (Lake Afton Gran Prix) every august. My dad used to take my brother and myself to watch every year. I remember the different classes of cars racing throughout the day, with the last race being the big v8 cars and anything that could keep up with them. Mustangs, Corvettes, a Cobra, and a little VW GTi that beat everything except the Cobra.
    I have always loved road racing. Here in south central Kansas, all of our roads are like a grid. Straight, flat, and boring, with the exception of a highway entrance ramp here and there. So most concentrate on 1/4 mile, but I still love the feel of lateral G's.
    Your videos are great. I can feel myself leaning and straining in the corners at my computer monitor, rooting for you to get through the corner and make up some time on the car in front, while picturing myself someday driving a car that can tear up the track like Tweak does.
    My car will never be as capable as yours, but I am anxiously awaiting a write up for how you have your suspension setup, so that I will hopefully be able to feel the road underneath me a little better someday.

GO TWEAK, GO!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X