Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Those pictures were taken on Saturday, on Sunday I put the R compound rubber on and I'm sure I was on 2 wheels in several corners.
    Livin' the dream! :-)
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      Livin' the dream! :-)
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• That pooch needs some eye protection!
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• So much win in this thread!
          Charlie I am working on the aero for our race teams Festiva and am wondering if you have any supporting aero on your car or if you would recommend some. I have been working on a rear diffuser and front splitter, we have the stock wing on it but we are going to do either an ebay wing or a stock car type wing with a gurney flap. Do you think that a front splitter will change the characteristics of the car to much and create an abundance of oversteer? We are currently running 165/60/15 Falken 615's for tires and the car was boosted the last race we did at MSR Houston. (Team Braking Bad; Likejif, Coldhand, Gorgonheimer) Thanks for all the good info and keep up the good work.

Tom

Comment

• 195/60/14 azenias(spelling)

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
            88? Parts car-sold
            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

• Not sure if b6t can run anti-turbo lag system...
              Could be an answer in helping you out of the corners etc.

Comment

• Yeah my bad Neil, I thought I had it wrong after I posted it, was going to message you on the size but got tied up here at work.

Comment

• No worries.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
                  Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                  88? Parts car-sold
                  91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                  86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                  1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

• The past is where we were
                    What will come we can't imagine
                    But one thing is very sure
                    We can fabricate the future...

~Wolfie

:cam:

* Post THAT on your refrigerator

If you believe in it, you'll do it - YOU GO boy....
                    Last edited by Greywolf; 04-05-2016, 08:03 PM.
                    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• So I guess Charlie isn't/hasn't been on the forums for awhile? No reply

Comment

• Oh He's been a busy guy! Can't slow him down it's Madness

Comment

• I hear that Brainliska

Comment

• Originally posted by likeJIF View Post
                            So much win in this thread!
                            Charlie I am working on the aero for our race teams Festiva and am wondering if you have any supporting aero on your car or if you would recommend some. I have been working on a rear diffuser and front splitter, we have the stock wing on it but we are going to do either an ebay wing or a stock car type wing with a gurney flap. Do you think that a front splitter will change the characteristics of the car to much and create an abundance of oversteer? We are currently running 165/60/15 Falken 615's for tires and the car was boosted the last race we did at MSR Houston. (Team Braking Bad; Likejif, Coldhand, Gorgonheimer) Thanks for all the good info and keep up the good work.

Tom
                            Sorry for the delay Tom, I've had a lot going on.
                            I have not had a chance to do any aero work on these cars. More rear down force may help a lot. These cars spin pretty easy. It's a tough call though. More aero will also make the car slower on straights and make it a challenge in windy conditions. I know MHR gets some wind.
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-10-2016, 04:22 PM.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Ok thanks for the reply Charlie, I guess well get stuff on and do some trial and error runs to see what works and what doesn't. I will try to take pictures and upload them, if I get a chance to, after the aero is put on. Hopefully with the new found power and the aero we can get the car to stick good and not spin to much. I am worried about the splitter giving us to much oversteer but we'll have to see as we go. We'll report back to you on our findings after the race in, sometime in may.

Comment

• That's my vote.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X