No announcement yet.

Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Ok so someone needs to write a book about how amazing Charlie and his festiva are! Yes I am obsessed with festivas...especially tweak.
      Ford Fester

Comment

• I think we all should write a book about how amazing festivas are. It could be titled "It's NOT a fiesta". :p
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• ^ :thumbright:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Raced Tweak again over the weekend. Got 2 second place trophies in my Time Attack class. I was beat both days by a Porsche GT3 race car. Someday I'll get that Porsche, I'm going to have to step it up a notch.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Re: Road Racing Thread

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Raced Tweak again over the weekend. Got 2 second place trophies in my Time Attack class. I was beat both days by a Porsche GT3 race car. Someday I'll get that Porsche, I'm going to have to step it up a notch.
              Belly pan and diffuser. Flare your fenders at the doors, and grab a vented CF hood. You'll swim upstream!
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• I will eventually have a proper aero package, but not on Tweak, that's for the fully prepared track car. For now, Tweak will just get an extra 50 or so HP and a little more suspension refinement and then it's finished. Tweaks purpose is to test exactly what kind of cornering forces a slightly modified festiva chassis can handle with stock sway bars and no strut bars. I raced it with r35a hoosier road racing slicks, cornering at 75+ mph for about 400 miles without any chassis fatigue indications. That's extremely impressive. These cars are built incredibly well. This proves that strut bars and other stiffening bars are not necessary on an uncut festiva chassis. I destroyed 2000 dollars worth of Hoosier rubber and the chassis just begs for more. My engine on the other hand is toast. She's smoking pretty bad. I installed a G-force ECU last week and ran 16PSI all weekend. I toasted my vj14, then I installed a vj14/11 hybrid and then I beat the car for 2 more days and I think I shattered a couple rings. Oops. Time for a proper b6t.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• If your not first...Haha nevermind, sounds like you had fun anyway, time to throw that engine on the ground! Cars lookin good though, leaning a lot, almost looks like it was ready to lift off and fly...over and over and over sideways hah.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Everybody's like:

There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• So much win in here. I may pass out.

Awesome stuff.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Road Racing Thread

That is awesome Charlie!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I got bored.

Gone in Festy Seconds?

The Festy 500?

The Fast and the Festivous?

Gran Festismo?
                          Last edited by DriverOne; 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• "This is how you drive slow but still look cool"

The picture you posted with that is now my desktop wall paper. Sweet picture man.

Comment

• Glad you guys are enjoying the pictures. I like "fast and the festivious"

Comment

• Quite the E ticket ride. You still need to put your butt in the GTX for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X