Awesome Photos!!

Leave a comment:

• gorgonheimer
    replied
    passing v8s.... pure awesome!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Back to the pits to clean out the gravel and get her back out on the track. No real damage

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Here is what happens when 480 treadwear tires are heated past their limit. a minute earlier the festiva was on 2 wheels at a 45 degree angle:eeeeeek:

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Here is what happens after people notice the festiva passing V8 powered cars on the front stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Here is how to pass a mopar!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Here is how not to drive fast, but it looks cool!

Leave a comment:

• festyfreak39
    replied
    For rims, score some Rota RB 13x8's.

You will need a set of flares, but well worth it. good value too. Ive ran them on my festiva/miata for the last 4 years (i have 2 sets) no issues no cracks etc.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    BP will be in another car. Around here I can get b6d longblocks for almost free, so I can run them on the ragged edge without worrying about getting another one. Plus, the torque curve is smoother on the 1600cc engine, which helps with traction and is easier on driveline components. A friend of mine is building a bpt ( Mazdaspeed mx5 engine) festiva strictly for the track, so we can do a proper comparison. I will eventually have a similar car that will be powered by a 13b-rew. That's my ultimate goal with this project, besides having lots of fun of coarse.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    Why not switch to a BP? Overall way better than the B6T in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    Does this mean you're doing the entire Aspire swap?

Looking forward to seeing that all-wheel disc setup
    I'm going to go get all the aspire stuff tonight, I have to take a look at everything before I know what I want to do. I know I want 4x100 and small enough brakes for 13's. I also want a more rigid rear beam. I've thought about aspire hubs inside festiva spindles with aspire rotors and wilwood calipers, that also gives me an extra inch of suspension travel and more options with my caster angles IIRC. Won't know till it's all laid out in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    My future plan is an aspire beam, aspire brakes and 13" wheels. I need to run 13s to get readily available race tires that fit and doing raise the ride height of the car (21.5" o.d.)...
    Does this mean you're doing the entire Aspire swap?

...long term plans include wilwood calipers ( mostly for cheap performance pads that are easy to get) all the way around...
    Looking forward to seeing that all-wheel disc setup!

...I had best luck with 1/8" toe out front, neutral toe in the back, and -2 degrees camber on all 4 wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    My future plans ( as in this week, the next event is April 7th) is an aspire beam, aspire brakes and 13" wheels. I need to run 13s to get readily available race tires that fit and doing raise the ride height of the car (21.5" o.d.) . I'm going to raise my spring rate to 150 from 120 in the rear for the race tires. I'll bring 250lb springs to try for the front, but I doubt I'll need them since the front worked awesome.
    long term plans include wilwood calipers ( mostly for cheap performance pads that are easy to get) all the way around and a completely revamped engine. A monster b6t that will devour those vettes
    Current chassis mods are simply coilovers, Capri brakes in the front, harness bar, and reinforced removable front lower radiator support and aspire control arms. I also made my own upper strut mounts that are like Rio mounts, but they lower the car .750" .
    I have no interior in the back of the car, removed factory seatbelts, a/c and anything else that's not necessary ( no radio ect.) I'm running 200lb front springs and 120lb rear. This setup is magic with street tires, it's very balanced and you will destroy the street tires with confidence. I had best luck with 1/8" toe out front neutral toe in the back and -2 degrees camber on all 4 wheels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X