Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    I was able to get the video into my editing software, but couldn't successfully edit it without messing it up. The whole video is like 20mins long so it's an enormous file.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    It takes like 85 minutes and something usually happens to interrupt my Wi-Fi connection. I'll try again when I get home tonight.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Lol! Yeah, I still have a few V-Dubs, but the Fazda Fever has taken over my soul for sure.

I've been trying to upload the video I took when I almost flipped it, but it's taking too long and timing out. Ughangry9:
    It's an MP4 format and since I can't edit it with my computer (it locks up and freaks out when I try) I have to upload the entire 10 minute+ video. The other videos of tweak were done by my friend Brandon, on his Mac, but he has gone back to Maine so I may have to buy my own Mac, but I'm clueless when it comes to them. I hate technology sometimes!
    What happens when you just try to upload the videos to youtube?

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    this whole thread is just freaking awesome drool

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Thanks!
    I'm using aspire control arms, they provide plenty of camber in the front. I also slotted the front strut mount holes to allow adjustment. The rear is done with alignment shims.

Leave a comment:

• ELUSIVE
    replied
    How did you get camber in your rear wheels?
    Loving this thread by the way. Very inspirational!

Leave a comment:

• DON SVO
    replied
    Lol! Yeah, I still have a few V-Dubs, but the Fazda Fever has taken over my soul for sure.

I've been trying to upload the video I took when I almost flipped it, but it's taking too long and timing out. Ughangry9:
    It's an MP4 format and since I can't edit it with my computer (it locks up and freaks out when I try) I have to upload the entire 10 minute+ video. The other videos of tweak were done by my friend Brandon, on his Mac, but he has gone back to Maine so I may have to buy my own Mac, but I'm clueless when it comes to them. I hate technology sometimes!
    You can edit videos on an iPhone 4 without any special apps...

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• festyfreak39
    replied
    Thanks for the advice. On Tweak I don't want to mod the body much, because she's such a clean car. I'd like to keep her just a track day weapon/fun street car. But she is the test bed for something over the top, that will be a dedicated race car. I may go with the rotas for that car, they make a great wheel.
    I've got some old forged BBS 13x6's from my VW days that will be wrapped in 185/60/13 R888's. This package will be comparable in size to what is on the car now, but will offer twice the grip easily, and won't disintegrate after 15 laps of hard driving like the street tires do.
    Amen!!! i know what you mean your car is omega clean.. (unintentional rhyme)

Also, glad your misguided VW soul found your way to a Mazda (i was a vw guy too)

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    Man that car looks so clean.. did you put the fender plastic back in after you painted or just leave it out?
    The fender plastic that goes around the top and toward the back is on the car, the shrouds that seperate the engine compartment/wheel well are out because they interfere with the b6t axles. The front fender plastic is gone because it doesn't work with the Charade front bumper.

Leave a comment:

• The_Collector
    replied
    I'm ready to plan a vacation to just come there and race!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
    For rims, score some Rota RB 13x8's.

You will need a set of flares, but well worth it. good value too. Ive ran them on my festiva/miata for the last 4 years (i have 2 sets) no issues no cracks etc.
    Thanks for the advice. On Tweak I don't want to mod the body much, because she's such a clean car. I'd like to keep her just a track day weapon/fun street car. But she is the test bed for something over the top, that will be a dedicated race car. I may go with the rotas for that car, they make a great wheel.
    I've got some old forged BBS 13x6's from my VW days that will be wrapped in 185/60/13 R888's. This package will be comparable in size to what is on the car now, but will offer twice the grip easily, and won't disintegrate after 15 laps of hard driving like the street tires do.

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    Man that car looks so clean.. did you put the fender plastic back in after you painted or just leave it out?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Here I am picking the gravel out of my brakes and suspension after my off track expedition. I had to be tugged back onto the track by the safety truck. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    exiting the chicanes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X