X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blkfordsedan
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Keep in mind that I'm still running a festiva rear beam with no sway bar and a stock front bar.

she has a b6d (9:1) with a MLS head gasket and arp studs (approx. 8.8:1 compression). I run 13-15 psi boost on the track with methanol injection and 104oct leaded fuel. She has a stock vj14 with a stock b6t down pipe into a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with no cat and a flowmaster muffler. Down a straight away she pulls about even with an LS7 Z06 vette once she spools up.
    Gotta love it! What chassis mods do you have? Just springs or coilovers?

So, basically a stock B6T swap with a little higher compression, a little more boost, Meth and better exhaust. All wrapped up in the cheapest built car Ford ever sold. LOL......"Take THAT 'Vette boy! Aren't you glad you spent all that money on Fiberglass now?"

Leave a comment:

• festyfreak39
    replied
    we need to have license plates that say: annihilates all confidence, destroys all hopes and dreams or something to that effect...

My old festiva road racer, the festarossa left alot of people angry.

Leave a comment:

• festyfreak39
    replied
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is always awesome to hear, I race against a turbo festiva that is FAST in road racing, he has fun with alot of cars he shouldnt such as: BMW m3, fully bulit rx7's etc.

post some video!

Now that you were at the track, any new plans in the work?

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    What format is the video in?

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    awesome stuff here!!!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by whackasmallball View Post
    I can just imagine the fun that must be. You have a great car!
    Thanks! The festiva chassis is especially well suited to road racing, it's so light and rigid from the factory. Ford/Mazda/Kia really did an exceptional job at designing and manufacturing these cars. Keep in mind that I'm still running a festiva rear beam with no sway bar and a stock front bar.

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    Charlie, what's the HP on Tweak?
    I haven't had tweak on the rollers. I normally only chassis dyno my cars if I needed to tune them and tweak has always run consistently well. If you want to guesstimate, she has a b6d (9:1) with a MLS head gasket and arp studs (approx. 8.8:1 compression). I run 13-15 psi boost on the track with methanol injection and 104oct leaded fuel. She has a stock vj14 with a stock b6t down pipe into a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with no cat and a flowmaster muffler. I estimate an honest 160hp/155 ft.lbs tq at the crank, from my experience tuning engines on a calibrated engine dyno. A dyno jet would probably read 10% higher. Down a straight away she pulls about even with an LS7 Z06 vette once she spools up, they obviously have the edge out of the hole.

I'll try to post pictures tonight, I think I need to buy a Mac to upload video ( and I'm completely Mac illiterate, lol).

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Charlie, what's the HP on Tweak?

Leave a comment:

• Skrapbob
    replied
    I can just imagine the fun that must be. You have a great car!

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Collector View Post
    I myself am REALLY wanting some video. I wish there was an actual track near me, I would be there every chance I got.
    Man, you're right... The only place even close is a B-class NASCAR circuit, and they still want too much to get in there. In fact, Road Atlanta is 405 miles north of you...

Leave a comment:

• The_Collector
    replied
    I myself am REALLY wanting some video. I wish there was an actual track near me, I would be there every chance I got.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    This is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Not sure, didn't keep track. I started first or second every time, only got passed once ( by the vette) in lap traffic and passed a lot of lap traffic.

Leave a comment:

• DriverOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    When tweak had clear track in front of her, even the mighty z06 slipped away out of the rearview. I used 2 tanks of gas (104 Oct leaded Sunoco) all weekend. That's 7.5 mpg. And i burned a gallon of methanol and about a quart of tangeray 100 proof gin ( ran out of methanol, had to substitute with grain alcohol). Still a lot cheaper than just the insurance payment on the vette. The owner of the vette was a great guy, and he really got a kick out of the festiva.
    What were your segment pass averages?

Leave a comment:

• timmay89
    replied
    Wow, you have some intense driving skills! Exciting to read about.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Charlie that is awesome!! I hope to get into some road racing this year as well, it's a blast!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X