No announcement yet.

Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha maybe not the extreme bhearts but something like that may be put on after this next race, the rules for 2016 have changed and we are getting ready (certified) for WRL and we have to make some upgrades to the safety equipment and purchase neck restraints. So the money is tight with what little time we have before this race at the end of April.

Comment

• pikespeaksuzuki.jpg
      This is more of what I was thinking, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeJIF View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]19512[/ATTACH]
        This is more of what I was thinking, haha.
        I think those are the exact same spoilers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• So, chin spoiler

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
          Last edited by gorgonheimer; 04-16-2016, 03:18 PM.
          Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
          88? Parts car-sold
          91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
          86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
          1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

• Looks Cool,that scoop up some Rattlers & Armadillos for sure.
            Holy Crap,those fronts are wide...
            Last edited by nitrofarm; 04-16-2016, 06:23 PM.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• So we got the new wing on, a front splitter which is pictured and Mike (coldhand) got to run a few laps during test and tune yesterday before the engine let go (cylinder 3). So last night we had to put in another engine. Hopefully this engine is good to go, we'll find out this morning I guess. Race starts at 9:30 and we have to put a few more things on the car before we go through tech inspection again. Wish us luck guy's, I will report back to you either this evening or Monday evening as I get a chance.

Tom

Comment

• Best of luck to Team Braking Bad. I've still got my T-shirt. I'll wear it today to support you guys!
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-01-2016, 11:53 AM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Thanks Charlie,
                  So I know I am late on this, I got a bit busy after work yesterday trying to catchup with things at home. I will do my best to post a few pictures this evening. I did have a GoPro mounted in the vehicle but not sure how much usable video I got until I upload it and I believe I will probably just have a friend post it to YouTube. I will post a link to the YouTube video once all is said and done. I had a great time at Texas World Speedway with the Braking Bad Team, thanks guys! I really enjoy the Festiva and how it drives, I think we could've been more competitive this time around would we not had all the issues with the engine, had slightly better tires for the heat on Sunday, shimmed the rear for more camber, and completed the aero mods (which I think the ones we had on helped). Our mechanics did an amazing job getting the car back to running order in such a short time, thanks guys!

Tom

Comment

• Pictures
                    Neil (gorgenheim)
                    cylinders 3&4 on engine 1
                    the competition

Comment

• I can totally understand if you guys don't want to give away too much info, but could you share a little about your Aero mods and how the affected the car? I have a lot of theories, but haven't had the time to test any of them.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• The wing helped tremendously on rear down force along with overall grip. The front lip helped keep the torque on the ground especially in fast corners. I believe they both worked in conjunction and helped each other. The car is now turbo and on this track would usually washout in a certain off camber corner when it was NA (I wasn't a driver at that race), gorgenheim may be able to elaborate better on the situation. But I know I was able to keep up with a 911 during one lap until the tires started to get over heated. I am sure you have some experience with aero here and there so I won't go into great detail as to how they work but being fwd, lightweight, and high horsepower we had to find a way to keep the power to the ground. We didn't shim the back this go around so the aero was the best way to solve those problems quickly. I'm not sure if that answers your questions so if not ask again and I will try my best to answer specifics.

Tom

Comment

• FREE Tutorial on How Car Aerodynamics Work and How to Improve Your Road or Racing Car. PLUS Tips on How to Design Your Own Aerodynamics! ** CHECK IT OUT **

Look up also Greys Garage on youtube.

For you Greg
                          Last edited by likeJIF; 08-16-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• At what sppeds would a festiva need to travel to gain from aero mods? Im thinking that parking lot racing would see no benefit due to the low speeds. Now full on track racing i can see this making a huge difference

If Advancedynamix likes the festiva in its stock trim i can only image what he would say with a decked out aero modded b6t build
                            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Car felt great with the rear wing, and front splitter helped keep driven wheels planted. We popped the motor on track day before the race, put in one with a suspect head gasket, and dealt with a turbo that im pretty sure was damaged by pieces of piston. Would only make 10psi and sometimes would just say no, and required a brake load or double stab of the accel to get her lit off.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
                              Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                              88? Parts car-sold
                              91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                              86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                              1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

• Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
                                Car felt great with the rear wing, and front splitter helped keep driven wheels planted. We popped the motor on track day before the race, put in one with a suspect head gasket, and dealt with a turbo that im pretty sure was damaged by pieces of piston. Would only make 10psi and sometimes would just say no, and required a brake load or double stab of the accel to get her lit off.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
                                Ugh, inconsistent power makes it hard to toss the car into a corner. Gotta have that reliable pull to get out without spinning around.
                                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-19-2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X