No announcement yet.

Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me want to move to Arizona even more!
    -Josh R

Comment

• You are a BAD man!
      Last edited by Damkid; 05-01-2012, 04:43 AM.
      Ford Fester

Comment

• Those Ferrari's are a dime-a-dozen! :laughing6:

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          Okay, here is a short video of how a Festiva compares to a Ferrari F430 Scuderia on a road coarse. This was my first time ever on this track and I was still learning my lines, brake points and how to use the toyo proxes r888 tires. By the end of the weekend, I had shaved over 6 seconds off the lap times that I was putting down in this video.
          Ford Festiva RS on Firebird Main.Created with MAGIX Video deluxe MX Plus

More to come!
          All that WITH passenger weight! You sir, rock!
          And nice choice with the r888's, my fav.
          60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Okay, here is a short video of how a Festiva compares to a Ferrari F430 Scuderia on a road coarse. This was my first time ever on this track and I was still learning my lines, brake points and how to use the toyo proxes r888 tires. By the end of the weekend, I had shaved over 6 seconds off the lap times that I was putting down in this video.
            Ford Festiva RS on Firebird Main.Created with MAGIX Video deluxe MX Plus

More to come!
            OMG, you are so inspiring! Whenever I start to get bored w/my Festy I just have to read your posts!

Why would anyone want to own a Ferrari when they could own a Festiva?!?!? :p

What would you consider an equivalent(ish) street-legal tire to those 888s?
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              OMG, you are so inspiring! Whenever I start to get bored w/my Festy I just have to read your posts!

Why would anyone want to own a Ferrari when they could own a Festiva?!?!? :p

What would you consider an equivalent(ish) street-legal tire to those 888s?
              Thanks! The festiva is the best kept secret in track day weaponry, the car really makes it easy.

The R888 is a street legal tire! I drive mine on the street regularly. Look up toyo proxes R888 mine are 185/60/13 and they don't rub. My fenders are rolled and stretched and I have coilovers.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                You are a BAD man!
                Really MODS!
                Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                  Really MODS!
                  I could have given an official warning for language instead if you really wanted

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Max, we have to be courteous of other cultures, in Canada that word is offensive. Maybe stubborn donkey is a better label for me.:p
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Sounds good. Thanks kid.
                      Ford Fester

Comment

• Lol oh trust me, the word doesn't offend me, I swear worse then a sailor, I just gotta stay with the forum rules, part of the job

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Max, we have to be curtious of other cultures, in Canada that word is offensive. Maybe stubborn donkey is a better label for me.:p

Lord knows we don't want to offend the canooks - they might invade!!!

please - tongue in cheek here - just razzing ya. :p
                          admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

• Originally posted by loknlode View Post
                            Lord knows we don't want to offend the canooks - they might invade!!!

please - tongue in cheek here - just razzing ya. :p
                            Oh yes we will invade the USA! Line up a bunch of microwaves on the border and turn them all on at once!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                            -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• They are already invading down here, I think there are more Canadians here than Arizonans in the winter. Very nice people though.

Okay, back on topic.

Comment

• I got an offical warning for saying something for a guy crushing his festy with a truck.
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X