Hypothetical question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    I think sub 10 minute lap would depend on your comfort level at speed, and line selection.
    ^This!!! I nearly died at least 9 times in a single lap, but I figured that would be one hell of a way to go out lol.
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
      ^This!!! I nearly died at least 9 times in a single lap, but I figured that would be one hell of a way to go out lol.
      We have a similar outlook on life and death.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

To add to the discussion, albeit a few months later, I found this video which features a Renault Sport Clio Cup. It's front wheel drive and with 200hp hauling around 1150kg (2535lbs) has a very similar power to weight ration to a 160hp B6T Festiva weighing in at 910kg (2000lbs). Lap time as far as I can figure on this was right around 10 minutes with the temperature at about 4°C (40ºF) on a slightly damp track.

This is one of the best "how to drive the Nurburgring" videos I've seen and while watching there is the option of switching between viewpoints, much the same as some video games.

Hope you enjoy it!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

thank you for that video Ian, its BADASS! Phyaz (member on here) has ran his Mazdaspeed 3 on the ring hes stationed in Germany. I think he clocked a 9:38
          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
          X