Finally killed a new Mustang GT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just double checked. Tires are 175 70 13. 21.5" tall at this minute
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I hit the Aero wall in my S10 at 141 MPH....

That was pretty sketchy on stock wheels and stock 4x4 suspension (1.5 in higher than stock 2wd from the factory). I doubt I will try it again anytime soon.

Can't imagine how much fun it would be in something as light as a Festiva!
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Whatever speed i hit i was still stable! The car felt great. I just didnt think the hood was gonna hold up. With the gtx hood i hate going 75 much less 100+. Now on my bike i have seen 187 and still climbed higher in the rpm's but thats a different story.

I bet with a few aero mods the festy would be great at high speeds.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah, they are amazingly stable at speed once the suspension is sorted (as you've done) and they have the weight further forward (Bp+t adds a good amount if weight where it counts).
          Have you had a chance to try your new turbos yet?
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-03-2017, 09:53 AM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            Yeah, they are amazingly stable at speed once the suspension is sorted (as you've done) and they have the weight further forward (Bp+t adds a good amount if weight where it counts).
            Have you had a chance to try your new turbos yet?
            Not yet! I am pulling the manifold off overkill this weekend to have it welded up. i will have it back Tuesday. Once the manifold is proper i will swap to the GTX.

Lucifer is getting an all new manifold, new exhaust, new intake, and im modifying the turbo to intake pipe. As of now the car is going back to stock (same as when i last drove it) until i get all my parts in.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

One of the welders at work is going to make the pipes this time around! Should look a bit better then what i did. My welding is getting a bit better but i still kinda suck at it.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                Now on my bike i have seen 187 and still climbed higher in the rpms, but that's a different story.
                Story, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
                  Story, please.
                  Headed to work one day on the BMW. I was a little cold so i got down on the tank to get out of the wind. I didnt realize that i twisted the throttle at the same time. Next thing i knew the bike was bouncing on the rev limit. The speed o showed 187 (it stops there with stock flash). but the rpms continue on even tho speed o stops. That was my 1st time maxing out the current bike. I had the old honda to maxx a few to many times but it had to work for it compared to this bike.
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Headed to work one day on the BMW.
                    S1000RR? Respect.

One of my bikes is a KLZ1000. Quiet. Smooth. Fast. That I've not yet received a citation for speeding is something of a miracle.

Currently napping during the winter months.

Winter storage placement.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
                      S1000RR? Respect.

One of my bikes is a KLZ1000. Quiet. Smooth. Fast. That I've not yet received a citation for speeding is something of a miracle.

Currently napping during the winter months.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20515[/ATTACH]
                      I have a 2015 S1000RR and a 2014 kawi z1000. Both great bikes. the z1000 is so fun i often think i should trade my rr in for the R. But then i ride the rr and throw that idea out the window.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

2014 kawi z1000.
                        Your Z1000 has the same engine as my 2015 Versys. It's also used on the Ninja 1000.

Comment

Attached Files
                          Last edited by mikemounlio; 02-03-2017, 02:17 PM.
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

When not using the Festiva for errands, I'm usually aboard this one.

This is in fact a public thru-way, although portions of it are rough enough that I usually have the forest to myself. I wouldn't take a Festiva through here, that's for sure.

Trail 1.jpg

And this is what happens when I venture off the thru-way, to ride a side trail that looked interesting. And it was interesting, right up to the point that the bike decided it was sleepy.

Pro Tip: trail puddles tend to be deeper than they appear.

A bit of a nap.jpg

I'll have to get a photo with my Festiva and my bikes together.

Comment

I would like to have an offroad bike but i just dont have time for that!
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I ride the dual sport bike, and drive the Festiva, more frequently than I ride or drive their modern, fuel injected brothers in the garage. It's not even close.

I'm just old enough to have lived through air cooling and carburetion when its role as the global standard was slowly coming to an end. Perhaps that's why I'm drawn to the simplicity of those vehicles so equipped. It's certainly not their perfect, appliance-like performance; they don't (can't) provide that experience. The old-school stuff needs a little more attention now and then to stay sweet. With proper care, though, there's a reward to be gained from the analog feedback of a car or motorcycle that we ourselves are responsible for keeping in good repair and on the road. I sense this as I read the many threads on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X