Moving along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving along...

I got the E-Manage and wideband O2 setup reinstalled in the Festiva today. I also finished up some wiring (CEL, tach, etc) and wired up a relay so that the ECU isn't switched on all the time... like it had been before because I wired something incorrectly.

Now all I have to do is fabricate intercooler piping, a new downpipe, get a front wheel alignment, and then insure it.

How's everyone else's projects coming?
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Mine just started... front end is off, motor and trans will be out tomorrow night.... then its a whole lot of bodywork and prep until i get the money to start building the BP.

Comment

Well, got the head gasket fixed, started it up, leaking oil from the fuel pump, and water from the water pump...tore it down tonight, will fix it thursday night, hopefully no more headgasket woes. Oh...crap....this isn't the Opel GT forum.
      Save your pity for the weak.

Comment

I just need some mounts and my turbo swap will be on.

I'm going to take it to a show this weekend since I got the Teins in... However, it'll be stripped, need some new paint on a few places and probably be some 13" black steelies on it... But it should be a good show anyways.

Congrats on the new mods Fred.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I just got new 2.25 exhaust, flowmaster muffler and an alignment w/camber bolts on the BP car. The black car is the furthest from being done.. mainly due to the interior, and I am looking at the turbo engine for the blue car as I type this.. But that's AFTER I get done with the black car. Looks like if I can get the black car's exterior/head/header/exhaust/tuned/wheels and tires etc.. I will bring 2 Festy's to the Festival..

Comment

I have nothing done :roll: MUhahahahahahh!!!!!

So nothing to report. Good to see all your projects are rolling along. If I listed what I have to do still you all would fall asleep! :lol:

Comment

Uncle Fester might get a bath before the Fling.....
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

eh, the white rocket is pretty much on hiatus...until i finally get around to swapping the tranny in the cougar. i have been doing some work on the bp, right now smoothing and polishing the intake manifold and prepping the valve cover for powdercoat. since i have some time i think i might send the head out for port and polish in the next month or so. i really need to finalize my plans on the engine though, i'm wasting alot of time on the intake manifold if i end up running irtb's....god they sound bad a$$ though!
                Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

In a holding pattern, waiting on my wing, and researching dropping the 2.5L V-6 in the festy. That project will likely wait until fall or winter.

So, basically, not much to report :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Just got my 2 1/4" exhaust put on!! All the way from the header back with the Bosal muffler on the end and a Focuz resonator where the stock cat. would be! 8) Next up on the chopping block is either bracing or a 4pt cage... I don't know... -Kyle
                    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

car's still sitting in the backyard waiting for a cat to pass inspection... money is going into the j-body right now...

Pics of the Tiva
                      Pics of the Cavi

Comment

I'm having an amazingly difficult time finding wheels for my aspire swap and now my engine sprung a new oil leak(hooray) and the horn and radio stopped working so I have to find and fix those. Otherwise it's going along great.
                        OX SMASH!!

Comment

Horn and radio are on the same fuse I think. Check the fuse.
                          * Retired Festiva-er*
                          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Mine passed the inspection with flying colours today.

However, I was a little concerned when the guy put it on the dyno and had it at full throttle while the gas cap was off....

Regards,

Tim
                            White '89L auto - Sold!
                            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

If they damage your car you can file a claim for damages. At my old job we brought the work truck in for emissions and the guy put it over redline and threw a rod. They ended up buying us a new f350 flat bed.
                              OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X