No announcement yet.

Moving along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my project festiva sucks. i work from 5am untill 630pm. so i am awalys too exhausted during the week to work on the festiva after i get home.

on the weekends, by the time i am finished doing errands, washing my daily driver, and those kind of things there is no time to work on the festiva.

i literally havent wrenched on ym festiva for months now. all i have done is buy more parts for it.

i have sitting here a unsprung 4 puck act racing clutch kit, a 9lb aluminum flywheel, the 1.8 engine, aspire brake and suspension setup, a g25mr, a limited slip unit, a 4-1 tubular equal length turbo manifold plus a turbo off a saab 9000, walbro 255 fuel pump, methanol compatible fuel pressure regulator, and finally completely gutted festiva waiting for all this crap to go into.

it pisses me off. i need to take a couple weeks off work to go tackle the festiva but the boss wont let me, and i make such good money that i dont dare quit.

im kinda stuck in a festiva rut.

Comment

I've got me some 12lb wheels coming in this week...

15" Rota Slipstreams... Yum!
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Those should look sick... How are you planning on keeping the hub (exposed area) from not rusting and looking like ass behind the wheel?? -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

good lord simon, that's a hot piece of wheel right there!

Comment

All work on my car is stopped now until I can get another place to work. The picnic bench just isn't cutting it. So I get to clear about 1000 sqft of blackberries and build a shed. This patch of land hasn't been clear for over 20 years so who knows what I'll find back there.
            :naka:
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

i got the rotas beat. i have 15 inch konig heliums that just arrived this evening for my festi, and they weigh in at just over 10lbs.

Comment

damn...what did those set ya back?
                Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I was looking at those wheels too, but opted for the Rotas instead...
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I think the Rota's look nicer than the Heliums.. Just my .02 -Kyle
                    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                      I've got me some 12lb wheels coming in this week...

15" Rota Slipstreams... Yum!
                      You've got excellent taste, very nice wheel.
                      Rich Norman
                      5 Festivas:
                      1992 L - Daily Driver
                      1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                      1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                      1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                      1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

Thanks Rich. I'm really excited to get them in and installed.

And the wheels set me back $450 shipped, then whatever tires run (380ish I think?)
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

those are tasty simon...a little pricey for my taste, but they are rotas...i really like the volk te37's i think i may have to spring for a set...15" 10.5 lbs each! i'm in love
                          2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I bet that 1 volk wheel will cost as much as the set of wheels that Simon bought.

Abe
                            Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

i bet it'll be close anyway! but damn they are so purty!

Comment

they are gonna be expensive but i decided that if i was going to go ahead with the festiva project i wasn't going to cut corners, when i get done it will be exactly the way i want it. BPT with quad throttle bodies, intercooled, stand alone ecu, fully adjustible coilover suspension, and a/c. ( it is gonna be a major pita trying to fit the ac system on there with that monster engine!!!). i just figured if i don't endup with the car exactly how i want it it isn't even worth doing the project. never compromise.

Comment

Working...
                                X